UFC 140

Discussion in 'MMA' started by LUGENPOPPER, Dec 8, 2011.

1. LUGENPOPPER

LUGENPOPPER Valued Member

Exciting card this weekend. Machida/Jones should be exciting. Also really looking forward to seing Makdesi fight again, it's great to see TKD in the octagon.

2. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

Are the coaches from TUF fighting yet?

3. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Can't wait to see The Nog's in action!

Big Nog is perhaps my personal favourite HW ever so any time he is in the cage is exciting for me!

Lil' Nog vs Ortiz is a bit late, but an interesting fight anyway. I am genuinely stoked for this card

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

6. Mushroom

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs2988d1BNM"]Dana White UFC 140 Vlog Day 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Dana White Blog....should be safe as I didnt hear any swearing.

Man how does Jones make weight? I had to cut 7kg last week for a comp, took me 3 weeks and no food.

7. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Jones is big at that weight isnt he!:)

8. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

looking forward to this!

I really think Jones is going to crush Machida... but time will tell.

9. Mushroom

He has mentioned of going to Heavyweight in a few years. Quoted as saying "not wanting to suffer the (weight) cut at 30 years old". Which will be interesting as he finally wont be the big fighter, but still have that crazy reach advantage over everyone.

10. Hannibal

Jung KO Hominick 7 fricking seconds!!!!!! ISANE!!!

Lil' Nog busts up Tito - suprising to me the manner of victory (I picked decision to Nog), but at least i got the winner right

DAMN YOU FRANK MIR!!! Mir submission R1 - In fairness he showed again why his jits is world class - as much as I love Big Nog it might be time to hang up the ol' golves

11. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

re: jones - machida: twas a nice fight, lyoto landed some nice punches, jones nearly split his skull open with an epic roundhouse elbow, and then staggered him with a face punch and guilliotined him into unconsciousness. gg machida, but you got pwned :p

12. Mushroom

Avoiding FB, Twitter and everything else till Sunday evening :(

13. Devil Hanzo

Devil Hanzo Doesn't tap to heel-hooks

How predictable was it that Mir broke Nog's arm? You put a guy who's already broken someone's arm against a guy who never taps. Fantastic BJJ display.

14. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Haha, I agree but thought that it was really, really slack of nog to be caught in that. The way he lost position and then failed to take Mir's back just made him look very... old. I thought that period on the ground (before the americana escapes/reversals) was really scrappy. LOL at Mir's standup too :hat:

Jones owned machida but wasn't as one-sided as I imagined it to be until the shoot. First time I've seen a standing guilloteen finish a guy in MMA if I'm not mistaken?

15. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Was very happy to see Mir get the win and I loved the battle on the ground that led up to it. Feel like Nog was trying to show off by going for the choke though, thre was no decent reason not to just keep pounding on Mir. He was within a few seconds of winning quite easily.

16. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

Oh my god. THIS GODDAMN CARD

Nog getting his arm snapped by an unconscious Mir. Lyoto blitzing Bones before getting guillotined to Ragdolltown.
    I'm not even going to mention Jung vs Hominick because DAMN

17. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

Early UFCs had one...but not to pass out. It was tap out. I think it was Patrick Smith who did it.

18. Mushroom

There was another couple of years ago....though I think it was in a TUF fight.

Also...

POP

SNAP

Ewwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..And yet another fight, Reffed by Herb telling Mir to stop breaking a guy's arm

19. Hannibal

UFC 2 against Johnny Rhodes (the guy who beat the legend that is Fred Ettish)

20. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Weidman v Bongfeldt at ufc 131