UFC 134- Silva Vs Okami

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by liero, Aug 20, 2011.

1. liero

liero Valued Member

So. It's next week. Does anyone give Okami a chance?

I watched the fight they had 6 years ago- Silva K.O'd him but it was from the ground with a kick to the face.

Disqualification...

2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Quite a bit of hype surrounding the fact that he's been training under Sonnen, the only man close enough to beat Silva.
    Also Okami is a really good wrestler in his own right and he has grown as a fighter since then...so at least the 2nd round i think :D

You never know though.

3. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Hahahahhaha Mushroom your dead on! Happy to see Brazil win almost every fight. Kinda happy Luiz Cane lost that dude's striking is totally over hyped. I also was hopin Palhares would lose. That dude is the premature ending figher of the era. But he did deserve his win. Ross Pearson, sorry bro you won by a hair but in Brazil you shoulda finished. Big Nog was the real surprise. Of all the guys you cheered for expecting a loss he was a surprise. YAAAAAY BRAZIL!

4. johntlp

johntlp New Member

tremendous performance by silva yet again. It was a great UFC card from brazil. I enjoyed it alot!

5. roninmaster

roninmaster be like water

never doubt Anderson SIlva's ability.
    I find it chidlish that chael Sonnon; after loosing to an injured man while juiced up past the legal limit ( regardless of if it was for therapy) still can't keep his mouth shut. Even on sportsnet during the interview he still is talking all this trash.

You can't even call it hyping up a fight anymore, I see it has pure jealousy.

the fight went the exact way everyone predicted it. silva toyed with him for one round like a snake with his prey, and then ended it in a spectacular fashion.

I really just want to see the Chael Sonnen rematch to shut him up.

6. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Sonnen is a tool, a liar a coward and a cheat - end of story. He should never have been allowed back, and it is hypocritical of Dana to do so having banned Marquadt who is a much better ambassador than a douche like Sonnen

Silva made Okami look like a rank amateur after feeling him out in the first round - he is perhaps the greatest MMA fighter ever, and certainly is IMO

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Man...just checked out some gifs of this event and it was spinning back kick crazy!
    Seems a very popular kick in the UFC/MMA at the mo'.

8. robin101

robin101 Working the always shift.

was very impressed with the silva -okami fight, both fighters used some interesting clinch work midway through, Okami even managing to land a few round knees of his own on Silva. we dont see enough round knees in MMA and if someone can make them work on a champ like silva, they seem to be worth training.

9. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

It's good to see that Silva seems to have shaken off that malaise that he seemed to have a couple of years ago. In that second round he just looked so dangerous and HUNGRY. TBH, I'd like to see a rematch with Cote, who seemed to have a lot of answers for Silva and Silva seemed to respect his striking.
    Well, Shogun seems to have found a time machine and gone back to 2005. Ferociously dominant performance, and certainly set the record straight.
    Did any of the Choy Li Fut guys catch that Lok Gwei Sow Chui from Eric Silva? Awesome!

10. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

The highlight for me was Nog's win. I'll admit after his past few performances I'd written him off. I figured his chin was too shot to stand up to a faster, heavy-hitting Shaub. I watched it in a restaurant and was one of those idiots who was standing up and yelling at the screen.

As much as I love Griffin, it was good to see Shogun back on form after that loss. He brought back some of the old Chute Boxe violence. If the ref hadn't been there I think he would have kept pounding Forrest's head until he got to the gooey center of it.

I want so much to be a fan of Palhares, but he not only had that brain-fart in the middle of his fight, but gassed out in the third. I think stylistically he presents the most problems for Silva, but I think the latter will retire or move up before Palhares earns a title shot.

And has there ever been a more partisoned crowd or judges? I like the UFC expanding to Brazil, and the MMA scene there needs a pickup, but it's definitely a hostile place for foreign fighters.