UFC 129

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Tom O'Brien, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

I dont hate anyone on MAP... certainly not Killa_Gorillas. What I did hate was the tone used and the name calling - along with insults - especially in light - I never posted anything directed at him or her, what ever the case may be.

I truly believe we can both move on and get over it, as some have suggested - regardless of our disagreement on this topic.

Killa will be cheering for Diaz, I will be cheering against.

2. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyqElyKcAnw&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SPEA9086A7622054E9"]YouTube - FIGHT! Magazine Presents Down With Diaz[/ame]

Watch that if you want a genuinely informed opinion about Nick.

3. february

february Valued Member

^^^^
    Great video

4. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Dude, I've seen him fight live. If you check my website, at the bottom of the NAGA pictures page - you can see for yourself how big of a UFC fan I am. I've been to several UFC events in Vegas (7) plus Miami, Atlanta and Atlantic City, not to mention all the other smaller events I frequent at the Hard Rock in Hollywood FL, etc. I know the sport and the fighters. I've been watching and following the UFC, even when it was not available in my area (legally), many years ago. No one had ever heard of Dana White or Joe Rogan back then...

... I agree he (Diaz) has skills - I don't believe I ever said He didn't. I don't believe he is a top 10 fighter in the UFC, at his weight class, though. In fact, I predict you can take him, Snoop. LOL

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  5. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I'm jealous, I've only seen one UFC event live! :-( That video hasn't got much about his skills or fighting ability though, more about him as a person. It shows a side of him thats not seen his pre and post fight interviews.

6. Santa Barbara

Santa Barbara Valued Member

Ok, you have convinced me that he is really a saint :Angel: in a devils custume. :evil: I actually picked Diaz to win, this time. He needs this one, oh sooo bad.

7. roninmaster

roninmaster be like water

im basically only excited to see the natural end his career with a bang. and GSP beat shields. I know GSP has mentioned multiple times that he thinks people are idiotic for underestimating him. but i just think that after that extremely lackluster performance in his first fight, and how GSP just keeps getting better and better, i can't see him loosing. However I really hope im right. I really really wanna see him fight silva.

im not bing on Aldo so this will be my first time watching him perform.

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJz3G-mcPEQ&feature=fvst"]YouTube - Primetime: St-Pierre vs Shields - Episode 1 - Part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frPt4-EQXTM&NR=1"]YouTube - Primetime: St-Pierre vs Shields - Episode 1 - Part 2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcpHMEErY-U"]YouTube - UFC Primetime: St-Pierre vs. Shields - episode two[/ame]

9. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

Diaz v McDonald

I think this is a good match-up :) You know that if Randy doesn't win he is goin out on his shield. :woo:
    I think Jake better bring his 'A' game in striking. GSP has fought plenty of wrestlers. Matt Hughes is a great wrestler. More & more the game has been trending back to the striking. Even the heavy weights. Brock lost to Cain based on the striking.
    I'd like to see a couple of submissions.
    Speaking of submissions - I got body slammed & knee barred tonight :eek::( but I tapped out, didn't get hurt & lived to fight another day. :D
    PS- break-falls really do help when you get slammed :)

Thanks,
    Tom

10. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

LOL - The only thing he needs - is a new career. He got beat up - oh sooo-ooo bad. 30-26 on one or two of the judges cards... not sure? And he was still mouthing off. LOL

11. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

The Diaz fight was truly a beautiful thing to behold. I was so emotionally invested that my dog ran for cover.

12. roninmaster

roninmaster be like water

ok i only managed to catch 3 fights at are pub. but still they were good. I only heard of the fight against machida. but im a little sadden the natural is retired now, but what a spectacular kick to lose too.

"the Aldo fight" oh snap. someone please lance that thing on marks head. it looks like the babies from alien are attempting to break out of his skull. just thinking about it makes my skin crawl. Aldo however clearly outboxing the man. its like something out of silva's handbook. very crisp combo's and solid takedowns. but good job for Mark with the final round. if he had've taken him down earlier he may have won.

gsp vs shields. not the most beutiful fight i admit. but you gotta understand gsp's mind. he knew where shields wanted to take this fight. so he stopped him by tagging him when he came in, and gaining early and late takedowns. its like the difference between good fighting and good boxing, metaphorically speaking he out boxed shields.

what i'm only sad about is how he shows no real interest in fighting Silva. damn i want to see that fight sooooo bad.its the closest superfight we can get too. yes Jones vs silva would be great, but thats a lot farther away from happening then the gsp silva fight. not to mention now Joe rogan brought something up about silva fighting okami again. as if one accidental concussion wasn't enough.

damn even after all that talk about if silva beat belfort and gsp beat shields. now we are back at square one.:(

13. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

Couture-Machida ending:
    [​IMG]

Word

Last edited: May 1, 2011
  14. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

4 out of 6. Not too bad. This is like only the 2nd or 3rd fight card where I called the majority of the wins. Didn't expect MacDonald to suplex Diaz.

Other surprises, Shields cracking GSP's eyes. Biggest surprise. Matyushenko smashing through Brilz. Wow.

15. Tom O'Brien

Tom O'Brien Valued Member

Wow! I got lucky - 8 out of 11! :) I was glad that Randy didn't get hurt badly. He only lost a tooth (easy for me to say). :confused: He was a great warrior. I hope he stays retired.
    GSP fought a smart fight. :) Jake has nothin to be ashamed of though. It was a good fight. GSP's boxing is better & he kept it stand-up. :)

Thanks,
    Tom

16. Santa Barbara

Santa Barbara Valued Member

I only agree with the Wow! He did get hurt badly, especially his feelings and he lost more than just a tooth, he lost his confidense and some pride too.

17. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

What makes you say that?

18. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

NO CAN DEFEND!!!

[​IMG]

19. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Rubbish.

20. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

Yep. Randy has been competing a long time at a high level in wrestling and MMA. So he knows that losing is as much part of the game as winning. Nothing to be ashamed of. How many of the current crop of MMA fighters are still going to be competing at 47? Probably zero...

Nothing to be ashamed of and he has earned his retirement!