UFC 129

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Tom O'Brien, Apr 18, 2011.

1. Santa Barbara

Santa Barbara Valued Member

How reasonable and intellegent can he be if he makes such a claim? I hope you are smarter than that or at least more reasonable and intellegent than your hero.

Is it me or does Rogan appear to wear the same black shirt on every UFC event? My opinion is that he needs to change clothes and shave more than once a month as well. Perhaps he is lazy, after all. :D lol :D

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Yes he's my hero :rolleyes:
    I called him intelligent mostly based on me agreeing with a few of his views and that doesn't happen often. Basically he's pretty liberal and I like that so if he claims weed gets him there then I'm going to roll with it :p

On another note though surely I'm more reasonable and intelligent for having actually sat down and thought about what my views are, why I think them, and if they are the right ones rather than just following whatever my parents or society or whoever believe?

3. Santa Barbara

Congratulations! I applaud you. :happy:

Keep on burnin', poppin', tootin' and drinkin', its all good for ya.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  4. Southpaw535

I can never tell if you're joking or just being patronising

5. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

My argument is that the symptoms listed by JC are far from guaranteed, in many cases do not occur at all and that although any Illicit substance is potentially harmful, the symptoms listed by JC have more to do with value driven stereotyping than the side effects of marijuana useage. As such my argument is entirely valid and your assertion otherwise is as untenable as your clearly uninformed opinions on the Diaz brothers MMA careers.

Cleary I do not think smoking weed carries zero risk, only a moron would suggest this. But it is peoples free choice what they put into their bodies whether illegal or not, and to produce such a cartoonishly, demonising, blanket stereotype of those that do is simply the product of a blinkered and myopic world view if not disingenuous.

All that aside, I was simply being playful with my question about the percieved perils of weed smoking and have nothing more to say on that off topic tangent. I was more concerned with your statements about the Diaz brothers MMA careers which where factually inaccurate and appeared to be more the product of a value driven moral judgement rather than actual MMA knowledge...

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  6. Santa Barbara

Alot of big words that signify nothing and mean even less.

The brothers burn. It is no secret, that is what they do for entertainment. It does not affect me in any way, so I couldn't give a squirrel's butt about it. To each his own.

7. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

[​IMG]

8. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Snoop - was that picture of you taken before or after your last match? Your eyes tell me you may have been hangin' out with the Diaz brothers. Were you? You look a bit intoxicated... in a nice way. LOL

9. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

That's the bad news. The good news is that you are very young (18) and have lots of time to figure it out. I know her personally and I still can't tell. :rolleyes:

Had we been fans of the Diaz brothers and praised them for their behaviour or given them a standing ovation for their weed smoking - which has been well documented in the media - seriously - how many of you would have taken the other side instead? The side Santa Barbara and I are taking.

I sometimes feel like some members are out to get a bad reaction out of one or both of us... I think it's called trolling! Two can play at that game, or three.

10. Killa_Gorillas

Nobody is saying that you have to be a fan of the Diaz brothers. Just that you should be factually accurate when talking about their careers as fighters.

I haven't read anybody praising them for their out of ring/octagon acts of violence etc or suggesting that they shoul dbe praised for such actions.

nobody is giving - or suggesting that you give - a standing ovation for weed smoking.

Nobody is doubting that the Diaz brothers smoke weed.

The comments made by santabarbara about the diaz brothers were just plain inaccurate from the perspective of MMA stats and their careers as fighters.

I can only speak for myself but I have literally no interest in either of you, either way i.e no agenda.

After thi sthread however I can safely say I have zero respect for santabarbera and the respect I did have for you as a poster has been greatly diminished.

11. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

:cry: - Now you've hurt my feelings.

I dont believe I have directed any post straight at you, although I may be wrong... certainly nothing negative or offensive. I am anti drugs - if you find that disturbing - I'm not going to apologize for that. I'm also against thugs that jump on and attack another, at a count of 3 or 4 vs one, or sucker punch someone after the fight - in a hospital. You and a few others may look up to these types, and that is your right, but I have no respect or tolerance what-so-ever for them... or you, at this point, although I am open for discussion.

... BTW - I could wipe my AH-SO clean and shiny with your diminished respect for me as a poster.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  12. Southpaw535

Looking at hers replies to me I have no interest in figuring her out.

No I wouldnt' change my opinion. As I've said I have no problem with them getting baked what I do have a problem with is both of them being complete dicks. Anyone who joins in his camp stomping on another fighter, or anyone for that matter, should not have a contract with a respected mma company. Daley rightly got canned for throwing a half assed punch and ended up in the "B grade" promotion, Diaz shouldn't of been giving a license again for a long time and that is my problem with the Diaz brothers. Weed doesn't factor into it at all.

EDIT: Just read your post again and saw a similiar thing as to Santa Barbaras about people "looking up to" people like Diaz. It has nothing to do with adoration or looking up to them as role models, it has everything to do with being able to seperate different aspects of their lives. Is Diaz a dick who I would have no problem never seeing again in mma? Yes. Is he however a reasonably accomplished mma fighter? Yes. I resect what he's achieved as a fighter and so do others it doesn't mean he's an all round lovely bloke. Only Randy gets that sort of support :)

13. Killa_Gorillas

You appear to be incapable of addressing or percieving the points put to you, as yet again you repeat fallacies which I have already addressed and elect to create asinine strawmen arguments (bolded).

You have embarrassed yourself here through your moronicism and this is why I do not respect you as a man. This doesn't prohibit me from respecting you as a coach and respecting your achievements in the martial arts however and neither will it drive me to make inaccurate statments about your coaching or about your martial arts career... see where I'm going with this?

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

So..er.... Jose Aldo should do well :p

15. Southpaw535

Yay for featherweights!! :hat:

16. Mushroom

Last time I fought as a featherweight I was 12 :p

17. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Again you try to hurt my feelings by playing the name-calling game. Please read the last line on my last reply to you... that also goes for your ignorant and moronic opinions.

GO ALDO!!! - GO COUTURE!!! - GO GSP!!! - GO HENDERSON!!! - GO TO HELL DIAZ!!!

18. Mushroom

OK so we established that we dont like each other and there is a differing of opinion.

Sorted. End of.

19. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Its all fun and games until somebody's feelings get hurt

20. liero

liero Valued Member

Get.

Over.

It.

...If you want to debate about weed/drug use. Make a thread on it.

If you want to talk about how much you hate each other, or wiping your butt (JC)...do it over PM.

I'm looking forward to watching randy fight machida. Its obvious lyoto is faster and probobly fitter but randy formulates such fantastic gameplans.

I dont know if he will be able to get inside and work his dirty boxing, machida is just too evasive. will be interesting.