UFC 119 Trailer - Mir vs Cro Cop

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Saz, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgErP7i5EQ4"]YouTube- UFC 119 MIR VS CROCOP TRAILER[/ame]

UFC 118 is done and dusted, so here's the trailer for UFC 119 on 25th September. Looks like it'll be a good one! Matt Serra and Chris Lytle are having a rematch on this card too, so it should be interested to see how far they've both come since last time they fought in the Ultimate Fighter finale.

2. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

I'd like to see crocop come back to a prime fighter status.

I love Lytle always love to see him scrap he has tonnes of heart, his fight with Lawlor was my favorite of all time UFC.

3. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I like Cro Cop quite a bit but don't give him much of a chance against Mir. Mir bulked up a lot for his failed journey to avenge his loss against Lesnar. Mir is a beast on the ground as well. Cro Cop's grappling skills aren't exactly top notch. I would love to see Cro Cop pull out a win but I just don't see it.

4. GracieFan

GracieFan Valued Member

I'd like to see Cro Cop FINALLY get a left head kick KO in the UFC.
    It would be a good way to retire, especially given how despised Mir has become.

As for the grappling deficit between them, Cro Cop isn't Kongo.
    He has good takedown defense and is more than likely strong enough to power back to his feet, assuming Mir doesn't have his back or something.

5. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

Agree with everything you say. But Mir is no joke. Some people aren't giving him much credit. This is a really interesting match up. I'm a big Crocop fan so I'm pulling for Crocop. But Mir is a good fighter. I don't know why so many people despise him so much now.

I like your Bruce Lee quote, btw. Can I steal it?

6. B3astfrmthe3ast

B3astfrmthe3ast Warning:Extreme power!!

i just hope mir keeps his mouth shut and doesnt talk a whole bunch of crap then get beat like a rug

7. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Hahaha, love'm both don't know where all the hate for Mir comes from.

Yea is he sorta an SOB sure. But compared to Lesnar, Chael, and Koscheck he seems like a saint to me.

Much more interested in Bader vs. Noguiuera. that's on this one right? Wonder if Bader cuts the mustard or not.

8. GracieFan

GracieFan Valued Member

Especially since Bader's now gone on record saying he wants to KO Rogerio.

Wonder if it'll feel weird for him standing across the octagon from the twin of his former coach?