UFC 118: Edgar vs. Penn 2 - Fight Card *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Saz, Aug 28, 2010.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Gee ya think? You might want to consider who it is that's on about this type of stuff. Of course it's bull. It hardly merits responding to. The same as 99% of the MMA fanboy nonsense that gets spewed. Same crap different bag.

Guessing you don't exactly follow boxing. Running on about Toney being a punch drunk is nonsense. Yes Randy is going to be the cooler of the two heads and my money says he prevails. But with your nonsensical comments about Toney being a punch drunk you fall right into the same sort of routine that you were just badmouthing. Big mouth yes... opinionated yes... dramatic yes... punch-drunk. No.

2. GracieFan

GracieFan Valued Member

Easy, Seabiscuit.

Toney had to have SUBTITLES during the countdown show while speaking ENGLISH.

As in, the connections between brain and mouth have apparently been so damaged, he can hardly make himself intelligible.
    Kinda qualifies as punch-drunk to me, given how long he's been taking headshots in boxing.

Plus the guy didn't take the fight seriously enough to bring in some actual wrestlers, AND came in looking like a marshmallow.

I don't follow boxing because it bores the crap out of me after nearly ten years of MMA fandom.
    Kinda hard to watch guys throw hands when every few seconds I inwardly yell "KNEE! CLINCH! TAKE HIM DOWN!" etc etc.

Consider this the counter-trash talk to Toney's years of bashing the only sport I claim as a fan.

3. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

Totally with you on that one!

4. slipthejab

Oh please. Take a look at the fight record for James Toney for both his pro and amatuer careers. He certainly wasn't a punching bag for anyone. So all your blab about punch drunk just underscores you don't know what you're on about. You most likely haven't watched a single James Toney fight and had never heard of him till this match up.... so you wouldn't have any way of knowing what shots he took and which he didn't. You're just making it up as you go.

You're post/logic is as bad as the ones on the boxing forums with MMA haters. Same fanboy logic different armchair. Some things never change.

Again... if you knew anything about Toney he's never been your ripped to shreds fighter... not even in his pro days. Because he doesn't fit your ideal of what a boxer that goes to MMA looks like he's punch drunk? Riiiight. That sounds like an intelligent evaluation.

No ya don't say... an MMA fanboy? wow.:rolleyes:

lol... okayyyy... go get 'em tiger.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2010
  5. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

To be fair, what is UP with Toney's speech? Is there something wrong with him, has he always been like this? When he was talking to Joe Rogan all I could make out (I think) was this and nothing else

"My ground game was alright"

Alright? Alright?? If by alright he meant lying on his back and looking like an overturned turtle he did fantastically. I know he was up against one the of best in the business but he didn't look like he'd been training for 9 days never mind 9 months. I don't think he took this fight seriously one bit, I can't help but think he would have done better in at least defending himself if he did. I think the only long term ramifications the outcome of this fight is so fanboys of MMA can crow over boxing as the "better" sport, and that's just sad if that's what happens now. One isn't better than the other, they're just different.

Oh and BJ Penn, what the hell was up with him too. He looked like the engine was running and nobody was at the wheel. It even took him a second or two to realise he was being poked in the head with his team's cage banner. I wasn't expecting that outcome at all, Edgar should have shut his critics up with that performance.

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Hehehe. Quality. :happy:

7. Metal_Kitty

I went to sleep happy last night! The whole day I was worrying about Randy (yes, I do get personally attached lol), thinking he could get knocked out pretty hard. Even though I was somewhat confident in him winning, I still couldn't help but think about that KO he got from Liddell with blood spewing everywhere and him just laying on the floor. Anyway, I'm so happy he won because Toney has been so cocky and disrespectful...someone needed to put him in his place! Way to go Randy!! :cool: And he was so humble about winning, still giving kudos to Toney...whereas if Toney had won, he would've bragged like no tomorrow, and talked crap about Randy and other UFC fighters.

8. roninmaster

roninmaster be like water

well first ill say i have learned to never ever underestimate people. so out of pure respect i was a little worried. especially since couture took time off to film the expendables. just like what happend with rampage after he came back from A-team.

however he proved that even after taking a hiatis he was still able to destroy toney. which either says he was just amazing, or toney didnt even take it seriously. especially since he kept saying he felt he could knockout couture from his back. which by logic anyone knew was impossible.

However since he actually had the guts to do it i must give him some respect. yet another ignoramous has been shown the error of there ways. now all we need is for Mayweathers punk@$$ to stop running his mouth and get in the cage. but then again hes afraid to even fight pacquio or anyone whos near his level, so its not like he'd suddenly grown a pair now.

9. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

jeezo....... I cant believe your a moderator

10. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

**YAWN** Veni, Vidi, Vici how can anyone have expected any other outcome

11. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Whoa, bro, Slip isn't a moderator... he's THE moderator!

12. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

What is it with ya'll and the way he talks? He's an American black guy. He's got a west coast dialect. He doesn't sound like he's retarded or punch drunk. He just has an accent.

13. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

I think his speech has been affected by his boxing career, just my opinion.

14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Thats my fault, I forgot to tell him when he joined the mod team that moderators are robots who aren't allowed trifling things like opinions.

15. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

who said anything about his opinion ?

16. Metal_Kitty

I thought he was just Ghetto! lol

17. slipthejab

awww sweetheart what I posted knotted your panties? If so then post something that refutes it or rebuts it. Otherwise just hush. :p

Do you actually have something to say or are you just going to muck up the thread by whining?

18. slipthejab

Pretty much what I thought. Maybe lots of people haven't heard the different regional accents. More likely it's the same nonsense of people grabbing a term they don't really know much about (punch drunk) and running with it.

19. slipthejab

Ahh so you're a boxing fan are you?

You're on about Mayweather running his mouth. About what? About MMA? Has Mayweather been babdmouthing MMA? If so please post up the links.

Why would you figure that Mayweather who is a boxer now needs to prove himself in MMA? Why would someone who runs the 100m sprint need to then move on to ultra-long distance marathons to prove themselves worthy.

In case you hadn't guessed it boxing and MMA are two very different sports. It's pretty much been figured out since about day one of MMA that boxers don't fare very well under this ruleset. Nor would most MMA fighters fare very well under the boxing rule set. So what's your point??

Who do figure that Mayweather's fought who hasn't been on his level?

Which ones of his opponents were bums?

And who do you figure he should fight that is at his level (obviously Pacquiao is the easy one) but who else?

You follow the stats? You up on your rankings? Let's hear it.

20. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

your pathetic, you constantly argue with people on here and carry yourself as if you are superior to everyone who dares to differ in opinion from yours, you constantly paint yourself as some type of expert yet half the crap you come out with about mma would make one think you know as much about it as you seem to think most people you disagree with do of boxing so why should I bother ? what is the point in entering into debate with someone who is Constantly battling with people and comes across as someone who considers himself inherently superior to you. "awww sweetheart what I posted knotted your panties? If so then post something that refutes it or rebuts it. Otherwise just hush. :p" I mean how immature is that i don't think you should be " a mindless robot" because your a mod as the other person said but I was under the impression the position carried at least a small measure of responsibility.