UFC 113

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by AndrewTheAndroid, May 10, 2010.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah until this is clearly spelled out with no uncertain terms... it will be an issue. Is a head spike the same as a face plant? Not to me... I think the rule was implemented to stop pile driver type movements a la WWE type wrestling spikes and slams.

I think Cote just got caught in a very unfortunate position to be honest. It looked horrible... But how different is it than the slam that the one that Fedor took at the hands of Kevin Randleman?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSGAtH8KqAg"]Slam Fedor vs Randleman - YouTube[/ame]

Granted Fedor is the right hand of God but still... I'm just saying.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDB8wk6P9g8&feature=related"]YouTube[/ame]

You know you are BAD ASS when you are slammed on the CEILING and you survive!!! (0:45 of the clip) AWESOME!!!

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  2. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

Well Pride had fewer rules, they didn't really specify spiking your opponent's head. they just kept the elbows out, gouging, clawing, and biting.

UFC rules are way more specific except oddly enough the head spiking. You can't grab the clavicle, I'll be honest when I first read them I didn't know what the clavicle was. After learning I still don't see how practical it is for someone to grab the clavicle even if it was allowed.

you can't do small finger manipulation. DAMN, I knew my big sis was being a cheat when she used to twist my pinky. It's real bad when you know someone who will break even UFC rules to beat ya.

no eye poking. Still there is no real defense to this except doing what the 3 stooges did, holding the blade of your hand in between your eyes. Yoink Yoink. Honestly no one has seemed to discover any other defense to that.

No grabbing the throat (YES the Ancient Chinese Death Grip is Illegal)

No grabbing any orfices of the body. Any man can take a beating but no one wants to be touched "in that way"

No poking of wounds. Y'know Tito Ortiz used to actually do this back in the day before that rule was implemented. Thank God it's illegal who the hell knows where Tito Ortiz hands have been!

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

What if your orifice was wounded and got poked by Ortiz?!?!

Or perhaps in the other order... discuss.

4. nicolethai1

nicolethai1 Valued Member

lol !!!!!:)