UFC 103 Predictions?

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Infrazael, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

What do you guys think will go down?

I have $121.00 dollars on Vitor Belfort.

WAR PHENOM!!!

2. callsignfuzzy

callsignfuzzy Is not a number!

Belfort vs. Franklin: I think Franklin takes this due to his footwork, versatility as a striker, and superior wrestling. Can't count out Belfort, but his best chance is to hope for a blitz. His BJJ black belt is almost for show (at least, he seems intent on using it only defensively) and he's arguably the sports most inconsistant fighter. His biggest weakness is the mental game; that's not so much of a problem for Franklin.

Dos Santos vs. Crocop: color me sentimental, but I think Crocop will take this one. That's going mostly on the hope that he'll return to the form he had circa 2004-2006. Recent performances have been underwhelming, but he's always going to have knockout power. Here's hoping Dos Santos gets starstruck.

Kampmann vs. Daley: Daley always has the ability to knock his opponent out, but his fight with Jake Shields showed that his ground game is virtually non-existant. I predict that Kampmann will clinch, get the takedown, and set up a sub with ground-and-pound for a victory in the second round.

Koscheck vs. Trigg: Koscheck is younger, faster, and more skilled overall. Trigg has probably a size advantage (he's competed at MW recently) and "experience", if you call getting subbed by RNC every time you step into the Octagon "experience". Kos will win a TKO.

Griffin vs. Franca: Franca has heavy hands and very good BJJ; Griffin has solid punches, hard leg kicks, and very good wrestling. I'm giving this one to Griffin simply because he's on a roll.

Those are all I care about, for now.

3. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

WAR VITOR!!!

PAY UP BODOG

4. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

Profitable bet Infrazel!

Dang it all. As a Crocop fan I'm quite depressed. I am still a fan of his, but it might be time to hang it up. He is talking of quitting. Of course the last time he talked of quitting he went on to win the OWGP. Maybe it will be a good thing.

I am still a big fan of Crocop. To my mind he was one of the most inspirational fighters and I always enjoyed watching him. If he retires my interest in MMA shows will definitely decrease. He was just so much fun to watch. I really wanted to see him make a solid run for the HW title. Would have been great.

5. YeahBoyyyy

YeahBoyyyy New Member

6. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

There will be someone else like him to come along. Don't worry. MMA is deeply rooted now. It's not going anywhere.

Fighters are changing. The sport is evolving.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Jon Jones is my pick for a star of the future. Guys got mad skillz and doesn't mind being extravagant with them. I wish he'd keep up his wicked greco throws though. Getting to enamoured with spinning elbows and being a striker when his upper body throws are just as wicked and something most other people don't do.

8. nbf79

nbf79 Valued Member

Congrats on the bet man!

I read an interview with Jones and he said he didn't want to try and grapple with Jake o'brien. He wanted to keep it standing because he thought it was a better strategy against another good wrestler.

I agree, with only 1 year of MMA training and still so young and intelligent he will be one of the biggest MMA strs of the future.

9. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

People love greco throws and judo throws. Very spectator friendly.