Tyson kickboxing career takes another step forward

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mo Lung, Mar 19, 2005.

1. Mo Lung

Mo Lung Hard work!

From the Sydney Morning Herald. I love the last line!

2. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

Whoa-ho-ho... If this happens, w00t! Not only do we get to see if Tyson can fight with everything, we'll get to see if he can match up with eight weapons, as opposed to the two weapons he used to dominate.

3. Wax

Wax Valued Member

I hope he does it and gets slaughtered. I care little for rapists except when the oppertunity arises to see the crap beaten out of them.

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

lol, and of course if he wins, it would put a serious dent in muay thais reputation, imagine it, a washed up middle aged boxer with a few months training takes muay thai fighters to pieces.

5. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

I can't wait to see this:D

6. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

Well, if Tyson fought a highly skilled MT'er, then that wouldn't happen. But, if the organizers are what I think they are, and they probably are, Tyson's going to end up probably fighting some guy 15 years out of his prime, and he MIGHT pull out a win. :D

7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I dont think the public would settle for him fighting bums, but it would be interesting to see, and it would clear up all these boxing vs martial arts debates that float around all the time.

8. speedbag

speedbag Valued Member

Tyson in muay thai

Quick, Someone tell the Muay Thai fighters not to salt their ears before the fight....

9. Wax

Wax Valued Member

Yeah, the first fight will be against a much lesser opponent, but then wait to see what challenges come in.

10. MDN

MDN Banned Banned

I've seen some of those Thailand fighters. Tough but not exactly large. I think he is going to win a lot of fights

11. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

weight divisions are used in muay thai as well. and people outside of Thailand practice it....

Id love to see Tyson in muay thai. interesting to say the least.

12. Colin Linz

Colin Linz Valued Member

Hang on. Wasn’t he going into UFC or something? I think he is just shopping around, trying to drum up a quick buck. I would be surprised if he can do any good at any competitive martial sport. I don’t believe he has the drive and discipline needed to prepare for them. If it does happen, it will no doubt sell tickets.

13. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

he wouldn't last one fight in the UFC or Pride, i heard he was going to K-1, he'd have a chance there, but if he is going to do this Muay Thai thing, and they give him a worthy opponent, then he'll get slaughtered, and all these highschool who ignorantly say "boxing is the best art" will recieve a straight knee to the face, from me :D

14. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

thing is, we dont actually know that. there are no good boxers who have ever fought in k-1 because where a boxer to win k-1.... well they would never let that happen. It would be interesting to see what a big name like Tyson could do in k-1 or in the field of muay thai

15. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

good point, but i see him having a bit more of a chance in K-1 than i do in a full contact all out phsyco ass extreme Muay Thai event, which is what everyone is going to hope this is. honestly, if tyson builds up an ability to play the thai game, then hes a very good chance of winning, if he learns to use all 8 limbs and clinch, then i'll think he'll be fine. but the odds of him doing so are slim. if he is having such a hard time landing a fight, i'm sure dana would put tyson in the cage as a publicity stunt, he already put up $5,000,000 that the winner of TUF would beat the winner of
    The Contender. {god i can't wait for that} i knew he wasn't doing so well, but that bad huh? bankrupt? wow, what the hell happened for him to sink to this?

16. aml01_ph

aml01_ph Urrgggh...

You said it yourself, bankruptcy.

17. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Valued Member

Tyson is slated to return to the boxing ring on June 20 in Washington, so this latest comeback would have to go wrong again for Tyson to consider a kickboxing career. Although he as no chance of winning the Heavyweight Championship of the World again, Tyson is still a 'name' that will get a title shot where he probably doesn't deserve it.