twitter/tweeters

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by seiken steve, Apr 12, 2012.

1. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

any tweeter's on here?

Feel free to follow along, @steve_ss1 i tend to be more willng to talk training on there than i am on FB, dunno why, seems less odd.

Anyway, if your a tweeter post up and we'll have a little MAP gang on there and if not get amongst it, its like legal stalking!

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Done.

3. seiken steve

go easy on me, i'm still getting to grips with it!

4. seiken steve

oh an casually tweeting to Holly Willaboughy simon? you dirty devil!

5. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

i heard Tweet can get you thrown in jail. I stick to Facebook

6. seiken steve

Putting up hateful posts or illigal stuff can get you jailled on any website.

just dont be stuid with it and i'm sure i'll stay out of jail.

7. fonzerelli_79

fonzerelli_79 Valued Member

There's been quite a few high profile cases of students etc getting put in jail for a few months for abusive messages on twitter.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...t-stay-in-jail-for-Fabrice-Muamba-tweets.html

I'm kind of conflicted with the whole thing. I don't agree with people spewing hate, whether it's on the street or on the internet, however it's crazy that someone posting a message on Twitter when they are drunk can get more time in jail than someone who has beat someone up or hit them with a bottle.

8. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

If interested add me @physio4u ...

Yeah I know a bit cheesy but the name says it all :' P

LFD

9. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

10. seiken steve

Done, i've 'retweeted' one of your posts because
    A its good
    B mate who train wil follow you if they see it. (sportsfolk love pysio's!)

i'm such a nice guy

11. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

So you're going to quit something which is designed to make every one of your smallest thoughts public to the world, because people want to look at your private communication?

If you want privacy, don't post it on twitter in the first place. There's no need to snoop or spy - you're putting it out in public.

12. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

It may be news to you but I don't necessarily tweet what I'm doing [Just posted a reply on MAP lol #mynews], nor do a lot of people. More often than not it's about things that are in the news, and sometimes local stuff, like last Saturday's controversy around the Boat Race. Sure, a lot of people do, a lot of organisations use it to plug their events, if I posted every hour or every day like I know some people do then there would inevitably be lots of very dull very personal stuff but I only log on once a week on average. Jeez!

I can see Facebook is so much easier to stalk people with. Some of my colleagues trawl it after some douche has made it in the local news to find out more about them (I imagine journalists do the same when not hacking mobile phones), I've seen colleagues also use it to check out other individuals in companies we deal with. So it was partly this reason I deleted my FB account 2/3 years ago.

13. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I cannot for the life of me see the point of twitter. I'm not remotely interested in having a running commentary of someone else's life, and I can't think why anyone would be interested in having one of mine. And even if they were, I wouldn't do it because I'd rather spend my time living my life than talking about it.

PS: Am I missing something? :confused:

14. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I don't use it either, but I think the appeal to users is part of the whole "24 hour news society" - being constantly plugged in to a huge flow of information that means you know everything as it happens.

I think we're going to see more and more written (if it hasn't been already) about how information can be addictive. Twitter allows people to keep up with the cricket scores, their friends' new babies, Stephen Fry's opinion on i-pads etc etc in real time and I would imagine that could be a satisfying experience, given that most people, I assume, use mobile twitter on their phone, so they don't need to be tied to a desktop computer to keep the drip of information flowing.

15. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I see what you are saying. I suppose on a really long and boring train ride it might make a change from reading a book. But generally speaking it seems like a rather dull way to pass time to me. But each to their own. i suppose it's not vastly different from hanging around on MAP for hours on end, and God knows I've done that enough in the past. (Mostly when I was working for other people, obviously.)

16. seiken steve

I like to stalk celebs that are acctually interesting (dave tate, pro boxers, alan sugar) not because i care about their lives but because their banter is hillarious or because they've some interesting thoughts on training or philosophy.

also mates who do interesting jobs is always good, i follow a lad working in CPP and the like, which is pretty interesting.

normal peoples twitters are dull, "just gone shopping #boughtsomeshoes" is worthless lol.
    but hearing about a pro sprinters daily ritual is actually quite interesting.

also the world trends set by BBC r1 is often fun, discussing music, cheese, embarassing moments etc is quite funny.

17. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Yeah. It wasn't intended for people who only want to post "having a pee". It was for people who had something interesting to share who didn't want to write a whole book about it.

Personally I post links and not a whole lot else. A strategy that has earned me a massive 32 followers!

18. Oddsbodskins

Oddsbodskins Troll hunter 2nd Class

Follow the right people, I get most of my news on twitter, generally manage to avoid the celebrity opinions and so on as well. Mostly all I use it for, although the odd one I follow just for amusement sake.

Anyway am on it with the oddsbodskins handle.

19. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Don't forget to follow MAP @MAPlanet and, erm, read all about the latest on MAP (alternatively come directly here, but, you know...)

20. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Sometimes Twitter makes you laugh.

Piers Morgan.jpg