TV and anime shows

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Jun 26, 2011.

1. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I've rewatched season 1 of game of thrones. I got more out of it the second time through.

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

When I come across the subject, Japanese pride tends to rise above giving any credit to something the culture has "burrowed

3. 47MartialMan

Yeah. Season 1 was interesting.

Season 2 seems to be "dragging"

4. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

We're talking about a country with an apparently insatiable appetite for baseball, cowboys, and apparently McDonald's. I really don't see any reticence about embracing elements of Western culture.

5. 47MartialMan

Nice post.

This can go onto this other thread;

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109355

6. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Ok that's like the 4th time so I have to ask. What the hell is burrowed?

So let me ask you this. The last time you used the word galore in a sentence did you stop mid sentence and say "by the way that's originally a gaelic word." before continuing on?

7. 19thlohan

I can't make up my mind on Game Of Thrones. It's an action series one week, a sword and sorcery show the next and then it's a medieval soap opera for a couple of weeks. Plus they killed many of the best characters off all ready.

8. 47MartialMan

I don't understand the question.

The last time I used galore....is it originally a Gaelic word?

9. 47MartialMan

Yeah. But what is looking for the idiots to get killed off also

10. 19thlohan

The word Burrowed, what does it mean?:p

Unless you have to much American pride to admit it.

11. 19thlohan

Huh?

12. 47MartialMan

I guess you do not have a Southern Dictionary:p

Admit what? What does that mean?:p

13. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I finally got round to watching "Modern Family" and, my word, how have I never watched a single episode until now? Very, very funny and extremely sweet and good natured. Well worth your time.

14. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

I'm currently watching 'Ringer' with Sarah Michelle Gellar. Now as someone who is aware of Buffy but has never watched it I had some reservations, but she is really good, most of the supporting cast too. Some early episodes were a bit cringeworthy and getting found out wasn't going to last forever. Shame it hasn't made it for a second season, but I haven't got to the later episodes to know if there is anything left to add. Some critics thought it a bit too lightweight and daytime soap as an idea in the first place.

15. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

I'll tell you what I am not looking forward to watching. My dad is a crime show addict. between all the CSI's, NCIS's, and whatever other cop shows there are, I think they've covered the entire alphabet.

16. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Person of Interest, watch it.

17. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Cowboy Bebop - Really enjoyed this series. Great ending.
    Trigun looks good Im gonna try that.

18. CrowZer0

If you liked Cowboy Bebop, try Samurai Champloo, also did you watch the Cowboy Bebop movie knockin on heaven's door?

19. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Nah not watched the movie yet, but it's supposed to fit between some of the latter episodes apparently.

The ending of the series makes me think, why set the film a few episodes back. I will watch it though

Yeh samurai champloo has some impressive animation from what I have seen, I'll give it a go.

Have you seen polar bear cafe? Is it funny or just a kids cartoon?

20. CrowZer0

The movie was pretty good, and as a whole a lot more enjoyable than say individual epsiodes other than the finale imo. The movie is similar to a normal episode, but it follows a movie storyline and has a lot more detail than an episode so it needed to be a movie, the finale was pretty simple in its concept revenge, go in all guns blazing. So it didn't turn into a movie, for chronological order, I believe the movie is set just before the final two episodes. But very good as a standalone anime movie too.