Turkish football fans don't agree with the rules....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by SpikeD, Mar 16, 2012.

1. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Maybe if soccer wasn't so boring then none of the violence would happen?

2. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

yea why bother to differentiate people who are left wing, right wing or apolitical its all the same.

3. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i love how this is going. giovanni: examples of "ultra" violence, actual experience with "ultras". tout: split some more hairs. change the subject to something completely different.

it's the same thing i hear from the greek and roman "ultras" i know. "we're not violent, it's <pick an opposing team> fans that did this to us originally. we have to protect our turf." or my favorite, "i'm not a racist, but if by making monkey sounds or jeering the jew i throw the other guy off, then i'll do it."

4. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

nope I just pointed out what you did in your first post and frankly it really ****ed me off, I in no way tried to atone for right wing ultra groups spouting racism from the stands. I am not saying you haven't made some valid points based on first hand experiences but you have admitted yourself you have tarred many people unfairly with the same brush as others with your comments yet even though you acknowledge that you still think its ok. Also on a personal level I find it funny that most of the ultra groups you mentioned in your personal experiences are extremely right wing even neo nazi , if you think I will not support the supporters of my clubs right to wave banners, produce displays put on a show and get behind our team 100 percent because of some scumbags a thousand miles away you are mistaken.

5. Giovanni

no true scotsman?

6. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

are we doing the dance of the riddles now ?

7. Giovanni

no riddle. that's the argument you're making. forget your lying eyes, those aren't "ultras", they're "hooligans" from "thousands of miles away" who are all "right-wing neo nazis". real ultras chant (non-offensively, of course), make banners, fly flags, etc.

maybe that will fly with some other αμερικάνο that doesn't know anything about european football. try one of them instead. it's almost as if you're not even aware of the old firm.

8. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

the old firm is a result of ultra culture now as well ?

9. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Well I never even knew ultra-culture (oxy-moron alert?) existed.
    Nice to know another host of people to add to my list of people to avoid. :)

Entry 126: Ultra-culture football fans.

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I've only heard the term 'Ultras' used in relation to countries like Italy and Spain. Over here we have fans.

The comments about Crystal Palace's 'ultras' made me laugh, though. Second quietest football ground I've ever been to! (No priizes for guessing the quietest! :D )

11. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

me too but im guessing you didnt laugh because he compared them to the green brigade

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Elland Road?

13. Giovanni

not the direct result. but clearly, ultras are very wrapped up in the sectarianism. they don't sing this song at old firm matches. no, never happened...

14. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

No - that was always the loudest.

The quietest was Highbury. Even gooners used to call it the Library.

15. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

bahaaha you really have shown your lack of education with that statement, which rangers outfit are we talking about here the union bears or the blue order famous as they are for being world class ultras, all 4 member's. celtic and rangers never needed Ultras or hooliganism to fuel the hatred they have for each other, not having ultras for the first 100 and 20 odd years of our shared history did little to calm sectarianism so it didn't really make much difference when the green brigade formed 5 years ago. Rangers on the other hand (the team who's supporters sing the song you quoted) have no ultra groups of any real note and yet there fans have as I said managed to belt out that horrible, racist, fascist bile with the utmost enthusiasm for the last 100 and 20 years.

you showed a bit of knowledge earlier about Italian teams but that comment about ultras being wrapped up in the sectarian problems of glasgow is dumb, clearly you are very dense about one of the most famous rivalry's in football. are you even aware that rangers as a business would not employ people who openly identified as catholic until 1990, that includes everyone from players, managers right down too ball boys ? id say crap like that has done far more to fuel "sectarianism" than any ultra group.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  16. Giovanni

clearly, the ultras groups are wrapped up in the sectarian conflict. and by saying "sectarian conflict", i mean the conflict between protestants and catholics, outside of football. took about 5 seconds of googling to find this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boys_of_the_Old_Brigade

oops.

17. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

After carefully reading the comments this (supposed) light hearted thread has attracted i must now say, with my hand on my heart, and with true humbleness........ Eh?

18. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

the section in that wikipedia article under the headline celtic support doesn't mention any ultra groups or use the word once ?, so kind of proves my point that the sectarian conflict (yes the protestants and catholic's that exsist in and out of the football ground thats the one we have been talking about dont know why you needed to point that out again) far out dates the existence of any ultra group in scotland. And there only is one anyway so how can ultra "group'S" be wrapped up in it ? what your doing is actually pretty similar too the scottish governments tactics of attacking a single group of football fans for religious tensions that have existed in this country for centuries as its an easy way of looking like there doing somthing about it.

a quick google search turned up a wikipedia article on an irish rebel song called the boys of the old brigade some times sung by the celtic support......... ? each post you make becomes less and less relevant to what you initially started, being the question do ultras have a place in football.

19. Giovanni

sorry....here's what i'll do.....i'll tone it down a bit.

i'll say this...because of my experiences in england, italy and greece, i'm not a fan of ultra or hooligan culture. i'll concede that the vast majority of football fans are not violent or racist. i'm not a fan of ultra culture though; i've just had too many negative experiences. but i'll try to keep more of an open mind as to not tar all "ultras". ok tout?

my poor wife....we're planning a sans-kids trip to northern italy in the fall. i'm like, well when we land in milan, we can go to the san siro for a game, hop into a car for a juve game in turin, then on the way to venice, we can stop in bergamo, verona, padua for matches. lol. maybe even catch a pisa/livorno tuscan derby on the way back?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  20. Gripfighter

Gripfighter Sub Seeker

if your offering to buy my ticket to sit in the panathinaikos or AEK section at an olympiakos game ill gladly go and you can have my perception afterwards