TUF Finale vs. Strikeforce

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by Pitfighter, Dec 5, 2010.

1. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

I was so undecided about which one to watch last night I went ahead and watched both.

TUF Finals on TV and streamed Strikeforce on PC.

All in all like Strikeforce better but got a few to say on both events.

Lets just start with TUF. The Nam Phan vs. Leonard Garcia fight was probably the best fight of the night. Real exciting. Nam Phan was robbed but both put on a great show and really let it all hang out. I hate to say it but I agree with Joe Rogan. Leonard would be served to tighten up those punches. He obviously has great power and awesome conditioning to fight at that pace but he needs to make his punches more crisp so that he's not so susceptible to counters.

Also I would like to note I personally was ambivalent about the WEC/UFC merger cuz honestly smaller guys don't seem to finish as much but if that was a taste of things to come I'm all for the li'l guys now.

With Bonnar vs. Igor and Maia vs. Grove I really wished I had seen a sub. I just hate to see dudes commit to their Jitz and not get a sub in but great efforts by Bonnar an Maia nonetheless.

The main event to me was actually a li'l boring. I dunno just looked like Johnson was landing only cuz Brookings didn't know how to tuck his chin. Also wish Brookings G&P was better. Really it wasn't a bad fight. I just didn't really enjoy it too much.

OK onto Strikeforce, which I thought was waaaay better.

First fight was a snoozer only cuz the new guy OSP couldn't finish Radich. The guy had rear mount like the entire fight but couldn't just force a stop. BOOO, when you have that dominant a position for that long I just think you have to close the deal.

Lawler hopefully retired Lindland. I could kind of feel that bomb coming but when it landed it just looked sick. Please retire Lindland!

My man Daley somehow followed up Lawler with a beautiful equally sick KO of Scott Smith. I feel bad for Smith cuz I like him too. Daley is still the best trash talker in MMA. And y'know what he was right in that Smith's technique is a bit off. I could tell that Smith's punches seemed equally as hard as Daley's but Daley landed more and landed them right on the chin of Smith while's Smith missed more and didn't land on the button like Daley.

Then Hendo just whomped on Babalu. I just think its so funny that at this point every one and their mother know's Hendo is trying to land that right hand. For some reason everyone still gets clipped. C'mon ppl circle away from that hand and take him down. Despite his wrestling credentials it seems Hendo's defensive wrestling has been declining. Prolly cuz he's always going for that right. Glad to see Hendo win but now I'm even more sad that he probably will never get that rematch with Anderson Silva. Ahhhh promotional politics DAMN YOU!