Tuf 3

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Apotheosis, Apr 7, 2006.

1. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

^
    You must have missed it. They did a short replay in slow motion after the fight that showed him catching the knee while he was down. That was one heck of a cut.

2. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Not a bad episode. I'm certain that Bisping is bringing that contract home! :D I've seen him fight a few times now and his striking's always impressive. He looked pretty good on the ground too. I think Kristian just wasn't expecting to get hit like that
    Shamrock's training methods do certainly seem to be a bit odd - the cardio on his team's not looking very good at all, but it's good that they're willing to work out outside the gym

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  3. bcullen

The contract that says "I got tooled by the Yanks" :p :D I've actually been pulling for the Brits, I was sorry to see Ross go.

He's good at motivating but seems to be neglecting some of the necessities of training. I just don't get it. :confused:

4. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

I dont know if he is good at motivating, he seems to think he is but his team doesnt seem to truly buy into it. Its almost as if he is saying that regardless of how you train you can win if you have the confidence. I always thought Lions Den was a really tough camp that kept you in great shape while Ken seems to be giving his team a couple days off every week, after a loss you dont go golfing you get to work and use it as motivation to work harder.

5. bcullen

Jumped in the wayback machine when I came across this Q&A with Kalib where he was asked about that incident, here's the rest of the story:

"I fractured my fibula on the first day of evaluations but I had to hide it so that I would not get kicked off the show. I did not realize the extent of the injury, only that it was painful, until I went to the doctor weeks later for an unrelated illness (stomach flu) and he told me that it was fractured. I Was lucky not to break it completely in the fight with Mike Stine, and though Ken is a good guy, I don't believe in kickboxing cold first thing in the morning with a fractured leg two days after a fight. The other guys on the team stuck up for me as well, though they neglected to include that footage for whatever reason. Other than that I would say it was a fair representation. Good days, bad days, ya' know?"

6. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Good fight today, although I could do without the drama pre-fight. I don't know if Solomon leaving is a good thing or not, he is annoying but at the same time provides some excitement. Solomon controlled the first round but couldn't seem to do much after he got Rory to the ground, and in the 2nd it really seemed like Solomons conditioning ruined him. Something Solomon admitted to, Ken really needs to kick their training up a notch, he seems to either skip or go light 2-3 times a week. Tito really has impressed me with his coaching and his mental game, he seems to like mind games and they seem to be working quite well. Also like his advice in the 2nd round, tells Rory to go for a head kick and WHAM he had an opening in the first minute.

7. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

No. They had one in a UFC a little while back. It was Miller at UFC 46.

8. TKD_Dad

TKD_Dad New Member

I must admit I was glad to see Solomon go just on the fact he talked way to much trash. I can't believe how bad Ken is doing as a coach.

9. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

man...how can you all hate solomon so much, he was hilarious :D
    i was so ****ed when i saw him lose...i've been having really bad luck with that show lately, i think i've only been able to predict 1 match so far :cry:

10. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

There can be a fine line between funny and annoying, Solomon crossed that line more than once.

And yea Ken is doing terrible as a coach in my opinion, I really have no idea what is going on with him.

11. bcullen

I agree about the drama crap, in order for the UFC to gain respect as a sport it needs to move away from the trash talking, high drama, WWE style marketing. I've got my wife watching now and she mentioned the show to her co-workers and most of them thought it was fake and acquainted it with entertainment wrestling.

If they need to fill time, bring back challenges or show more of the drama in the gym rather then the house. Give people a look at what it takes to reach that level of competitive fighting. Use some time to educate them about grappling, show them why these guys tap out.

Ken's team keeps getting nailed by stuff they shouldn’t have.
    I thought the hyped up incident with Tito and Ken at was interesting. They keep showing it in the promo’s but now that I know the whole story it makes more sense. For those that have not seen this; in an attempt to get his team fired up to win, Ken picks a fight with Tito at the gym.

12. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

I don't buy that, it sounded like an excuse he made after he realized he made himself look like a fool.

13. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

Funny, I used to be a Shamrock fan. Now he just looks like a 15 year old kid that never matured.
    What a putz. Skilled putz, but a putz

14. jsmith

jsmith Valued Member

Dagger! Daggaa! Daaagger! Daggerrr! Dagger! Daggaa! Daaagger! Daggerrr! Dagger! Daggaa! Daaagger! Daggerrr! Dagger! Daggaa! Daaagger! Daggerrr! Dagger! Daggaa! Daaagger! Daggerrr! Dagger! Daggaa! Daaagger! Daggerrr! Dagger! Daggaa! Daaagger! Daggerrr!...
    :bang:
    I hope I never have to hear that word again as long as I live.

15. jsmith

jsmith Valued Member

A quick question for those in the know. I noticed Rory weighed in at 186. As I understand it the cap for a light heavyweight is 185. Did I miss something, or are there exceptions?

16. bcullen

They'll waive a single pound over, beyond that, the fighter that made weight has the option of allowing or not allowing the fight if their opponent doesn't make weight.

...and Amen to not hearing "dagga" anymore.

17. jsmith

jsmith Valued Member

Thanks for the answer. I thought it might be that, but why don't they just make the cap 186?

18. bcullen

Because it goes to 11. :D (Go see This is Spinal Tap if you don't get the joke).

Team Dagga! bro. :rolleyes: :D or as Comedian Carlos Mencia would say, Team Da Da Dah!

19. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

I expected if rory was going to win it would be by submission. It made me incredibly happy to see him knock that loudmouthed trashtalker out! I'm still pulling for Rory all the way in the middleweight. I have since shifted my light heavyweight favorite to Michael Bisping.

20. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Hallelujah! Another one sees the light :D *walks off humming "Rule Brittania"*
    I still haven't watched this week's episode yet. I caught the end of the fight but that's it so far. Nice head kick from Rory there