Tuf 3

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Apotheosis, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

I agree! That would be awesome. The only problem is (from their viewpoint) the season would be over twice as fast (read as: less chance to make money off sponsors :D).

2. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

At least we won't be watching Jesse break more furnishings in the house because he was bored. I'd rather go back to watching challenges that were at least building the teams than watch that guy anymore.

3. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Or they could drop the bs and show them training. Show how the guy is progressing in weights, cardio fitness, techinque etc. That would be so much more intresting to watch. Too bad the majority of UFC fans are dumbasses that dont know and don't care how to hit a heavy bag.

4. freak

freak Valued Member

i am glad that jesse lost, cocky lil ****, lol

5. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

Something that I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned is, why the hell did shamrock bring in a bodybuilding nutrition coach (who tells everyone to eat like they're bodybuilders when they have to worry about making weight) instead of a grappling coach. Shamrock admitted himself that he's a crappy grappler. So who's going to help these guys improve their submissions and submission defense? I think that's going to hurt that team A LOT through the course of this show.

6. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

that has actually been mentioned quite a bit throughout the first and second pages...

seriously though, what the hell? you're basically assuming here that the bodybuilder is an idiot just because he's a bodybuilder. you probably wouldn't know this, but bodybuilders know more about cutting weight than anyone. try going to www.t-nation.com and see if you can learn anything about nutrition from the poor stupid bodybuilders there...i think you'll be surprised.

that said, i do think they would be better off with a grappling coach. nutrition is undoubtedly important, but as long as they can keep the fighters on a relatively clean and healthy diet, training comes first.

7. smiff

smiff Valued Member

If you've read Shamrock's lions den book you'll see that the bodybuilder is not a complete newb to the whole mma scene, theres actually a picture in the book of him grappling with Shamrock. Not that am saying hes an expert its just seems the genral opinion on this thread seems to be that he does nothing. I reckon when it come down to it, he not only helps them with their nutrional needs but also with their strength and genral fitness and can also act as a grappling dummy. Theirs alot more to the training than the 15 minutes to half an hour of actual training we see on the tv.

Luke

8. NaughtyKnight

I personally much prefer Tito's training. I'd like to be on his team.

9. wazzabi

wazzabi sushi eater

tito spends a bit too much time with Mark though, i mean sure he's deaf, but since he now has an interpreter, Tito doesn't need to spend that much time with him. it seems like he spends 90% of his time coaching that kid. that's why the rest of his team is ****ed at Tito.

10. NaughtyKnight

Remember, you only see what the producers want you to see. We see perhaps 5 mins of training throughout the whole episode, they flim them training 6hrs a day. I seriously doubt that Tito would be spending every waking second with Mark.

From what I saw, its was only the winging pom who was so angry at the lack of attention. When someone with a dissability and such potential comes into a gym, the coach will spend more time because they NEED it.

11. Kintanon

Kintanon Valued Member

Rory?! WHOOT! REPRESENT!

WHoot! I live in Athens as well, I've also met Rory and he is indeed a very cool guy. Extremely nice. His brother is also an awesome trainer and athlete. The guys down at their gym totally rock (except for one guy who is a ******, but that's my personal issue with him...) I'm gonna have to find a way to watch this if Rory is in it!

I've also seen Matt Hamill wrestle, the kid is a PHENOM. Totally amazing ring sense, he always knows where his opponent is. Definately a favorite in my mind.

Kintanon
    PS. I train with Master Jose Castro down at the YMCA right now, also have trained with Master Yi before he moved his school to Alps and with the UGA Karate club, Aikido club and Capoeira club. Where are you training in Athens?

12. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Well Shamrocks team lost again, Ross Pointon(1 of the Brits) got choked out. Fight was quick, once it got to the ground Ross didnt seem to know what in the world was going on. The lack of a grappling coach really seems to be hurting his team right now.

13. GeeMac

GeeMac Valued Member

Two more minutes of actual fighting again this week. I am having a hard time staying up long enough to watch the match at the end of the show. Guess it's time to TIVO. :confused:

14. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

i was really hoping ross would win...

15. jsmith

jsmith Valued Member

I love the subtitles for the British guy that lost. Then no subtitles for the other British guy. I could easily understand what they were both saying (I'm not British), but I though the guy without the subtitles was the harder to understand of the two.

16. NaughtyKnight

Well if they stopped showing all the "alliances" etc this would be a much better show.

Ross is a great fighter, and I sure as hell wouldnt want to brawl with him. He took quite a few elbows and didnt even bat an eye lid.

Pretty crap fight record, he really needs to work on his ground game, alot. A few months of BJJ would set him straight.

17. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

I think they show that because it is important later in the season. It sounds like it will be a continuing factor for this show.

18. NaughtyKnight

Its alright if they gave a quick overview of it, but spending 10mins interviewing them about it is abit much.

10 mins of conditioning drills would be alot more intresting imo.

19. Sever

Sever Valued Member

If they're going to insist on showing subtitles for the British guys, I'm gonna start a petition to get us some subs for Solomon. Pretty much the only thing I understood from him this week was "Dagg-errr" :D
    The thing that really struck me this week was Shamrock telling Ross and Solomon that their ground games suck and now his team have lost the last two fights by submission. He must be really kicking himself for not having a grappling coach - by his own admission he's not the best grappler, where Tito is himself an ADCC competitor and has Dean Lister helping his guys out as well.
    I was sorry to see Ross go, but he was just out of his depth on the ground. Tough guy with a ton of heart and he didn't complain about his loss, but he really needs to get some mat time in before his next match. I still reckon Micheal's bringing the contract back home :D

20. Song1

Song1 New Member

stupid satelite doesn't get spike tv. had to miss last weeks episode and going to miss this weeks aswell. :( doesn't make me happy.