Tuf 3

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Apotheosis, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Your posts reeks of cynicism so I'll only give you a taste of it. Everybody knows that superior TKD groin strikes and eye gouges are the reasons why the UFC banned them. It's not because "they aren't fightstoppers" , if it was you wouldn't see fighters getting "recovery time" and coddling everytime someone accidently hits low or grazes an eye.

Plus, TKD flying kicks, which can take armored men off armored horses would blast MMAists right through the cage, being costly and dissuading other would-be fighters from participating.

I actually applied for the show but was told my TKD rank was too high to make the show interesting... they wanted to at least give the other guys a shot. Maybe I'll try Pride, K-1 or figure skating.

and if someone ever quotes me in a serious way, I'll laugh my butt off. :D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  2. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

Except that both of them are champions in their own area and they were awful in the stand up. Watch the replay on Saturday night and see what you think.

3. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

tom tom...if you dont know me by now...you willlnever know me....

enough singing.......im being serious......look at the bottom of my post i was a tkd guy and still go to tourmnaments......

why....while i think the art is limited ( My opinoin) thecomps are live...and force me to kick....and the more copetiton i gget the better. i try to fight once every 2 months nhb or mt.......but if im not hurt i will do any fight....especally since you really dont get hurt point fighting....good way to spend a weekend.

although sometimes the world guys can hurt...they kick hard...not point fighting

i have been to tkd, karate and open comps....i dont do forms (cause im suck at them)

so im not being cinical...lay it on us brother .....and ignore flames..your opinoion has always been one i respect.

4. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

Yeah, I've never respected a TKD person's opinion as much as Thomas'. So enlighten us!

5. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

They were god awful standing up, in total seriousness I have seen little girls throw better punches.

When it went to the ground, they were terrible as well.

If you watch the fight without any pre-fight info you would think they were two guys who have never been in a fight before, or even a competetion.

If I was Dana I would have given them both the boot and been embarassed to be associated with them....If I was Tito I would tell the camera's that I had been on drugs the whole season and that is why I liked Matt so much.

I really don't think either has a shot of making it as a pro-mma fighter unless they were both poisoned the day before this fight.

6. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Wife wins by NTPO (nagged till ****ed off) :D

I don't envy you there, try using: "Honey, could you be needy during commercial breaks?" :D Usually ticks them off enough to get them to leave you alone for a while.

Anyhow, neither of them had much of a stand up game and that's being nice. Mike kept trying to bait Matt into grappling but he wasn't taking it. He kept offering his back while getting ready to do a kneebar. The problem is Matt had figured out what was up but Mike kept trying the same trick. Really disappointing match.

On the positive side, after seeing that I'm thinking about trying out for the show. :D

7. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

what a awful fight! wow where do these guys learn there stuff! has no one taught them the hands up, chin down, keep moving principles,the only thing i can say about matt is he is a work horse,he kept working throughout the fight,his work was awful but the work ethic is something to build on,oh man it was awful to watch wasnt it! :)

8. GeeMac

GeeMac Valued Member

It was interesting to see the wrestler change to stand-up in order to counter the ground techniques of his opponent. I was a bit disappointed that Matt appeared to have no idea what to do when he did go to the ground. He looked like he was tryung to pin his opponent rather than submit him. I like Matt but I can't see him going to the finals based on what he showed in his first fight.

9. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

the ufc'c continual placement of marginal fighters in tuf is incomprehensible. there are good young fighters out there, but not many are/have been on tuf. gsp, hominick, parysian are just a few of the young fighters who have never appeared on tuf.

10. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Very true, go to any MMA gym in this country and you could find better fighters.

11. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

lol i thought the exact same thing after seeing that fight. the following is a quick summary.

-both gassed really early (mike especially)
    -both had virtually no guard (matt especially)
    -mike repeated gave matt his back
    -matt doesnt know how to finish a fight

all in all pretty disapointing. highlight of the programme is michael bisping- he makes me laugh so much.

12. Linguo

Linguo Valued Member

Rumor has it that TUF 4 will feature veteran fighters.

13. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

No rumor, season four is going to be "The Comeback". Basically a bunch of UFC vets who never made it big time.

Instead of coaches, they will have advisors-Randy Couture, Georges St. Pierre, and Mark DellaGrotte.

Rumoured fighters at middleweight-
    Jorge Rivera
    Patrick Cote
    Charles McCarthy
    Gideon Ray
    Mark Weir
    Travis Lutter
    Edwin Dewees
    and 48-year-old UFC 1 veteran Keith Hackney

WelterWeight-
    Matt Serra
    Chris Lytle
    Shonie Carter
    Rich Clementi
    Mikey Burnett
    Pete Spratt
    Nick Diaz
    Din Thomas

14. Teryan

Teryan Valued Member

Arn't all those guys already in the UFC? Are they fighting to stay in the UFC? That would make for some good fights...

15. Sever

Sever Valued Member

The winner gets a title shot in their respective division. It'll be interesting to see St Pierre "advising" the welterweights, especially if he beats Hughes - he'll be helping people take a shot at him
    I can see Nick Diaz bringing some interesting drama to the show if he's in it
    Also, main eventing the lead-in UFN to this season will be Karo Parysian vs Diego Sanchez. I'm picking Karo by kimura

16. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Karo is going to destroy Diego..

And yea they are all in the UFC, or were in it at a time.

It should be interesting to see how real experienced fighters act, and if they are just as immature.

17. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

please please Karo...
    for all of us...
    put the beating of a lifetime on deigo
    deigo and ken shamrock.. the two most annoying MMA fighters of all time?

18. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

Nah. Tito annoys me far worse than Shamrock.

19. Teryan

Teryan Valued Member

20. freak

freak Valued Member

the mike/matt fight was pretty bad, hopefully some of the semifinal fights are worth watching