Tuf 3

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Apotheosis, Apr 7, 2006.

1. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

lol.....
    where did he act like a man exactly?
    when he whined
    when he made matt his sandwiches
    when he declared himself a UFC fighter
    when he gave up his back in the cage
    when he shut up talking when he thought ed might hear him
    when he __________
    i mean.. if you think that guys tough.....
    if you think that TKD kids teacher belonged in that house with fighters
    you, my friend, have LOTS to learn about what tough is
    that guy is a ___ssy, plain and simple
    I noticed it the first time I saw him through his body language

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  2. freak

freak Valued Member

ed took a good shot at the beginning but he ended up killing danny just as i thought he would...i'm looking forward to seeing matt fight...tito's "golden boy"

3. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

My biggest gripe with Danny is all of his talking, about how he was going to knock out Ken if Tit--Ken went at it, about how he knocked this guy out in 10 seconds etc... he seemed like he was trying to be the next Paul Bunyan.

I wonder if Tito's protege is going to succeed, definetely looking forward to seeing him go 100%. He must be familar with competing having won the gold in the olympics(albeit for the deaf) among his other accomplishments, so will he live up to the hype?

4. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Matt's opponent (name doesn't spring to mind right now) is quite a bad matchup for him, I think - apparently he's a very good submission fighter and Matt's not been training MMA that long, coming from a pure wrestling background. His submission defence could be very suspect

5. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Mike Nichels- 2005 Gold Medalist in ju-jitsu at the Pan-Am games.

However don't forget Matt has Dean"Boogeyman" Lister training him so I have no doubt he has picked up some submission defense.

Anyone know who is going to be fighting in TUF 4? Apparently it will be UFC veterans who never made it big making their comeback, very curious as to who they will be.

6. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

watching now.. commercials... I really like both fighters this week.. first time that has happened for me. I have to give the egde to mike... anyone have any predictions?

7. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

sloppy....
    wow
    sloppy
    worst skill level displayed all year
    best quote though, "almost at tito's level" lol.... sad

8. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

Wow..........worst fight of the season. It looked like two pre-teen girls fighting.

Both were terrible on their feet, and terrible on the ground. So much for gold medals these day...They were on the ground somewhat often, and Matt didn't even try a RNC even though he had a couple good shots at it. He didn't even look like he recognized the opportunity.

Question, how in the world was Matt hurt at the end of the fight? If he had to go to the hospital after that kind of fight, what will he do when he gets in a real fight?

This fight ruined all hope of Ross finding someone to compete with him, Matt is terrible(how do Tito say he could be the next world champ?) and Ross will run through whoever he faces like a buzzsaw.

9. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

The only thing I can think of is maybe he had to cut a lot of weight and was really dehydrated. I mean condition this far has never been an issure for Tito's team, and being an Olympic calibre wrestler, you'd expect him to be in shape. Cutting a lot of weight is the only excuse I can think of for his condition and ambulance ride.

Michael Bisping is the brit light-heavy left actually. Ross Pointon was the middleweight eliminated by Kendall.

10. LiaoRouxin

LiaoRouxin Valued Member

It was a sloppy fight, but I think it is possible for Matt to excel at MMA at a later time. Even though Michael is a Pan-Am blue belt BJJ champion, he does not show any skill in the arena of MMA.

Matt, on the other hand, undoubtedly has good wrestling and is probably an incredibly athlete. He has only been training a little for MMA, so given time I think he will round out his game and become much more dangerous.

As it stands, however, he has no place in the UFC. But, of everyone on the show he has perhaps the most potential to go truly far.

Michael Bisping, also, has tremendous talent compared to the rest of the fighters there and it would be good to see him compete often

11. Jester

Jester I elbow, therefore I am.

That was one of the sloppiest fights I've ever seen. Both guys need alot of seasoning. As for Matt being dizzy and such, the only thing I can think of is that one of the shots he took got to him. Last time he got hit he was dizzy and whatnot so it wouldn't surprise me if it happened again. I still think Bisping is the man to beat in that weight class.

12. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

The Matt vs Michael fight didn't really impress me, but I guess when they stick to standup striking which isn't their "strong points", I can cut them some slack. If I were a judge, I would have awarded the fight to Matt, mainly on his aggressiveness and I sure would not have pushed for a third round. :eek:

I did laugh a couple times though watching Michael duck his head and flail his arms forward... I hadn't seen that stuff since elemenatry school! :D And he sure didn't listen to his corner at all, I almost had to turn off the sound on the tv!

Not sure if it was jitters or what but I really wasn't impressed with either guy in the fight but have high hopes for the semi's!

13. TKDjoe

TKDjoe Valued Member

I have to agree with everyone, that was a sloppy fight. I thought Michael would be much more skilled than he was, after all the "street fighter" talk. I don't know if he ever threw a straight punch. An average boxer with a good jab - cross - hook could have easily beat either one of them. Just goes to show you, you can talk all you want but when you step up and have to produce it's a different ball game.

14. Apotheosis

Apotheosis Valued Member

My bad, meant Michael.

I cannot believe how bad these guys were, especially after all the training they got with top-caliber trainers.

Matt in numerous occasions had chances to submit Mike, but he didn't even see the opportunity. You would think training with Dean Lister would help you develop a submission game.

15. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

so what...lay the tkd promo on us anyway....

16. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

yeah but his tats are way kwel

17. kmguy8

kmguy8 Not Sin Binned

i friggin'love this guy....

lol

18. NewLearner

NewLearner Valued Member

To be honest, that fight was the antithesis of what I thought it would be. I imagined a good ground game between a wretler and bjj guy. What we got was two guys that left their primary skillsets behind to stand up and throw bad punches. I can somewhat understand Matt thinking about changing his gameplan due to the injured elbow, but since the right arm was the injury, I am not sure that it was the wisest choice. As far as Mike, I am totally confused about the way he fought. The only thing I can think is that Mike got so thrown off his gameplan because Matt was punching that he just totally lost it.

Interestingly, that might have been a fight that Danny could have won.

19. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

i didnt see all the fight......i got in my own fight with the wife....."you never pay attention to me" so i missed the end

but i totally see the game plan....makes much sence

matt......i know mike is the bjj guy, he can submit me on the ground, stay up and punch....since im a good wrestler he cant take me down

mike....i cant take him down so rather than risk being on the bottom end of a ground and pound...stay up and punch....

both guys did what was they percieved as safer.....especally after feeling the other guy cant hit

btw who won?

20. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

Matt won by unanimous decision.