Trump by name......

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

2. Dead_pool

Was this the Hitler comment, because he literally did make that statement, and I'm not sure MAP should become the next stormfront.

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Doesn't literally endorsing Nazism break the TOS?

Dead_pool likes this.
  4. philosoraptor

US flies bombers over Korean peninsula

So... which is the better scenario: either US forces want to engage in pointless intimidation, or they're baiting a conflict by continuing to engage in the "Just kidding, we're not really going to bomb you... this time..."?

[​IMG]

Dead_pool likes this.
  5. philosoraptor

Oh man, they buried the lede on this one:

I am still really, really hoping that this does not escalate, although I mean... I am certainly nervous about that.

Dead_pool likes this.
  6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

report button.png

I appreciate I'm being a bit rude here, but you've both been here far more than long enough to know it, and have both been told this previously.

7. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Its not pointless intimidation, there is actually a reason to have drills for aircraft. I mean one of those things can without any correct opposition destroy as many targets as it has ordnance. Also, speak to the Koreans they are doing that all ready. :p

Edit: Yes, i do know air power alone cannot win a war, before someone starts. I have been in enough of arguments.

8. SCA

SCA Former Instructor

Oh boy...

"President Donald Trump said he wanted what amounted to a nearly tenfold increase in the U.S. nuclear arsenal during a gathering this past summer of the nation’s highest ranking national security leaders, according to three officials who were in the room.

Trump’s comments, the officials said, came in response to a briefing slide he was shown that charted the steady reduction of U.S. nuclear weapons since the late 1960s. Trump indicated he wanted a bigger stockpile, not the bottom position on that downward-sloping curve.

The July 20 meeting was described as a lengthy and sometimes tense review of worldwide U.S. forces and operations. It was soon after the meeting broke up that officials who remained behind heard Tillerson say that Trump is a “moron.”

Source:
    Trump wanted dramatic increase in nuclear arsenal in military meeting

philosoraptor likes this.
  9. Dead_pool

So restarting the nuclear arms race, great, that won't go wrong.

My favourite bit about the "moron" comment was the debate over that exact words used.

Note some slightly NSFW language.

10. philosoraptor

So uhh... you think it's a good idea to host those drills on the Korean peninsula with bombers literally launching missiles into the ocean? You don't see how that might be misinterpreted by folks looking at radar? You lack imagination my goose-stepping friend.

Dead_pool and Latikos like this.
  11. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

Yeah, let's call it "lack of imagination".
    Seriously though: Which country would appreciate that happening to them?
    And now add the history of the USA and North Korea.
    Nothing could go wrong, right?

pgsmith, Dead_pool and philosoraptor like this.
  12. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Perfectly fine, they are within the territory of south Korea, the north has no say in what happens there. The real planes coming to destroy them wont be seen by what ever radar they are using. :p

Also i cant actually goose stepp, i will get back to you on that one if i self teach myself how. :(

(edit:) German Re enactment group searching time!

13. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

You know, your use of smileys in inappropriate moments with also never cease to amaze me.

14. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Its partially habitual, but sometimes i actually mean to put them there to indicate i am nto being totally serious. It could also be worse i could use "LOL" and such instead, at least i am embracing Japan. :p

Edit: I have a fairly dark sense of humour if thats not apparent.

15. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

That doesn't have anything to do with humor.
    I have a dark humor too, but that's something different.

16. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Sometimes I view threads like this when they devolve into finger pointing and making grand points with no explanation, and I wonder if people are actually invested in the conversation and want to make a point (which often requires a lot more than one or two sentences).

Right now it's literally three people with the same set of ideals posting put downs and liking each other's posts and one person who given a self proclaimed association with being a kek is being intentionally inflammatory. It's no longer a discussion. Most of the stuff in this thread isn't a discussion. It's virtue signaling and grandstanding.

I don't get the appeal this has to people.

17. Dead_pool

Virtue signaling? Sorry I don't speak Millenial.......

18. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

vir·tue sig·nal·ing
    noun
    1. the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
      "it's noticeable how often virtue signaling consists of saying you hate things"

19. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I guess we alternatively could like Ratacas post as well, but since I'm neither a Nazi nor do I think they were in the right, makes it difficult with some his stuff.
    Same with finding it total okay to annihilate a country, for pretty much being there and being mouthed.

I obviously can't speak for the others, but I would disagree with other people claiming things, i disagree with as well.
    (That sentence does make sense, right?)

He can have his opinions and claim that Nazi-Germans and Trump are always right, he's allowed to have his opinion.
    But I'm also allowed to have mine and be of another opinion and write that down just the same.

pgsmith, Dead_pool and philosoraptor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.