Trump by name......

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Theirs a big difference between being up for election, and publicly spit balling some ideas which may lead to war with a third country if a lot of things went wrong, and being the actual president and unilaterally and clearly threatening war, against a single country with nuclear capabilities, against both political and military good advice.

2. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Firstly, a promise is a promise and if its in yoru campaign it should be done. So i expect a promise to be done from a campaign should they get into power, not the reverse. A no fly zone in Syria, if its enforced would lead to war with both Syria and Russia.

Secondly: The U.S has been threatened with war first. Its sound to counter that threat based on facts, the U.S has a bigger war machine than North Korea and better technology and more war experience for the modern world. When peace fails there is war left as the only response, thats just a fact.

Edit: Isnt the demand for north Korea to get rid of its nuclear program? And that is not a choice it either does it willingly or it will be taken away.

3. Dead_pool

Quick answers as I'm busy

A) international dealings require a lot of flexibility, especially when the UN is involved (as it should be) holding someone to a promise blindly is literally idiotic.
    B) the Korean peninsula situation is incredibly complex, saying north Korea threatened war first, isn't terribly accurate, or helpful, this isn't a situation where whoever is in the 'right' will win and whoever is in the wrong will lose, if we go to war, we all lose, and if we all go to war without UN involvement, we all lose a whole lot more, it would demonstrate that 'might is right' and start a whole arms race again.

Surely they covered this is your politics btec?

4. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

You only base your vote on what they promise.

The Korean issue is just as complex as other ones, in this instance it has been threatening the countries around it with missiles. Not everyone looses in a conventional war and thats only relivent if mutual destruction is assured. (which it is not) If your state is still active and lives, you win, if its not you have lost.

I fail to see this starting a arms race though, for north Korea its more this is the end of them trying to make weapons to be competitive against the U.S in the modern world. (regional ones idont know about, that obviously, only effects said region) China is already technically in a arms race and Russia technically is as well.

5. Dead_pool

You do know the entire still at war with south Korea thing, and the masses of American troops at their border, and the fact we've regime changed a fair few of north Korea allies, the nuclear card is the only one Kim has left, so that's why we should treat him his kid gloves, if we mess this up south Korea will have millions die. And they're the entire reason we're re there.

No body wins anything in this situation.

Thats not just my opinion, that's trumps military generals opinion too, the ones he's ignoring.

6. Dead_pool

Both are actively reducing they're chemical and biological stocks of weapons, and I think both are reducing they're stock of nuclear weapons too.

7. Dead_pool

8. Dead_pool

9. Dead_pool

10. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Being open to working with Russia to create one sounds very different to saying you'll impose one in spite of Russia's opposition, including a NFZ against Russian planes, and refusing to answer what would happen if a Russian jet entered it.

11. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

All right, i have no idea what the secetary of state is or does but anyway.

"While Trump had supported the idea of creating safe zones within Syria, he seemed to stand against no-fly zones during the campaign. Hillary Clinton was a strong advocate of no-fly zones, while Trump claimed they would increase the likelihood of military confrontation with Russia and lead to "World War III."

That would be the best quote to use there. At no point does it mention them doing it despite Russian opposition. And above, what southpaw typed.

12. Dead_pool

Hey I'm not saying it wouldn't of worked without talking to Russia to begin with.

But trump says it's a bad idea, then his government says its open to the idea, and then trump against all good advice starts picking a fight with north Korea.

Trump says he's being judged unfairly. But really he flip flops on issues all the time.

HC isn't by any means ideal, but she certainly wouldn't be getting away with the things trumps doing, de_funding all global warming monitoring, pulling out of the Paris accord, lecturing the UN and NATO that they have to look out for themselves from now on, getting into a twitter spat with North Korea and threatening to destroy an entire country.

I'm not too worried about Rataca100 here, since his statement on the Germans being right to support Hitler, I've assumed he's a lost cause.

13. Dead_pool

If you don't know, why not find out first? Otherwise your just limiting your own contributions.

United States Secretary of State - Wikipedia

14. Southpaw535

I'm not saying Trump isn't doing any of those things or that he's anything other than a terrible leader and a bad person. That being said, this one tiny topic I don't see Clinton as better either. And just big picture, she was a terrible candidate (I'm not saying Trump was a better one), and Democrats handed Trump a victory as soon as they picked her.

Rataca100 likes this.
  15. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

Is that a assumption that my ideology is somehow inherently inferior and yours is somehow inherently superior? Just bear in mind you dont actually know my political stance. :p

16. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

Actually, I believe it is more an assumption that you spout your opinions willy-nilly, without bothering to learn anything about what you're making opinions on, or trying to actually contribute anything to the conversation beyond random opinions based on extremely limited knowledge. This makes you a lost cause as you're unwilling to put any effort into your thinking.

I could be wrong though, as this is only my opinion. :)

Dead_pool likes this.
  17. Dead_pool

Did you just pull a "did you just assume" snowflake statement on me!? Well Colour me surprised!

If you search your user name on Google the entirety of your political stance is visable, plus a whole lot NSFW more then that, plus the pro hitler comments are more then enough for me to gain an inkling into your beliefs.

18. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

That statement of his made not only sure, that I won't take him serious anymore, it actually made pretty much sure as well, that I don't even want to be in the same room as him.
    I don't even care much, if this are really his believes or if he was just being dumb and non-thinking.

Dead_pool likes this.
  19. Rataca100

Rataca100 Banned Banned

What?

Edit: This name comes up with some weird Spanish crap sometimes and i am apparantly a buisness in Australia. *thinking face* Never heard of NSFW.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  20. Southpaw535

A couple of you are drawing close to personal attack territory now. Reign it in guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.