Triplets

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by komuso, Jan 21, 2011.

1. komuso

komuso Valued Member

Hi all,

this is well and truly off topic! My wife and I are expecting triplets. That's right, no joke, three babies. I fully understand that this is an od place to ask this question, but experience has shown me that MAPpers can be a font of strange wisdom. Or at the very least funny.....

So, anyone else out there gone down this rather strange road? Any advice is good advice :)

paul

2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

First off congratulations to you both.

No advice on triplets, although we did have twin boys.

My wife and I now have four children.

In my experience, sell the sports car and by a 7 seater, sell your two bedroom house to move somewhere larger and watch out for projectile vomiting.

Us humans are adaptable to say the least, we just seem to be able to cope with changes in our lives. You'll be fine.

3. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Lobotomy? or possibly a sudden onset of unexplainable amnesia "Sorry, i don't know what triplets you are talking about" etc. lol

Seriously though, congratulations, I can only suggest practicing patience, because i have got just one two year old on the go, i can't imagine having 3 all at the same time. :)

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Either heaven or hell. How flexible is your employer?

Fantastic news and although it's going to be horribly hard is going to be amazing.

5. Moi

43??? Hat off to you man, much respect!!!!!

6. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Congratulations and best of luck and good health to you and yours.

7. komuso

komuso Valued Member

Thanks folks,

Moi, I am lucky that both my lady and I work as uni lecturers, so the flexibility thing is great. Thankfully! I already have a 14 year old daughter from a previous relationship, so I am off to buy protective goggles to ward against attack by body fluid (vomit was never the one I REALLY worried about...)

And 43, well, this is the excuse to get fit that I have been looking for :)

On the upside apparently you can get backpacks that hold all three at once. I am an arnis person, so I train them up, arm them with sticks, and hey presto, a stick fighting octopus!

paul

8. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Huge congratulations, I'm very happy for you.

You already have one child, so you know the drill, but the difference is doing that whilst also looking after another. And another :D

My wife and I coped pretty well with our first, but when we had our second 2 years later it got a lot harder because of having to split your attention. The first 6 months or so especially were hard.

As a side issue apparently in Elizabethan England mothers would bind babies into a kind of carrier thing then hang them on the wall for ages so mum could get on with the housework. I think this may have been responsible for the expansion in world exploration soon after, by a generation who were damn well fed up of being tied to a wall and wanted to really stretch their legs. So if you want to make your life easier and have kids who go on to be astronauts....

Mitch :D

9. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

some parents just wear them on their backs so their hands are free to do housework. :)

Hanging them up on a wall? Im no baby person, but ewwww.

10. SpikeD

SpikeD At the Frankenstein Place

Cellar! And soundproofing!

11. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

Congratulations.

My advice is to train one up in TMA, one in MMA and one as a street fighter. Let them fight each other for your love and attention and then start a thread with the definitive answer to 'which style would win in a fight'.

:)

12. Moi

I was just about to post that. What an opportunity :)

13. LCC

LCC Valued Member

Three babies at once, wow, I had trouble with one. As far as advise goes, don't go to the ground, cus BJJ does not work against multiple opponents... (jk). Seriously though, anytime you feel overwhelmed, go look at that octo-mum chick. That'll make you feel better. :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  14. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Learn to drink....no actually congratulations. I have a brother with identical triplet girls, gorgeous and 17 years old......His advice is, learn to have a major sense of humor about everything thats about to happen. You will have no control of your life the moment they learn to walk. And once they begin talking they don't shut up till they move out of the house. Oh, and learn to be tolerant of boys if you are having girls......

15. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I know man. Start their training up at exactly the same time, get them to put in the same hours perfecting their 'styles' and then cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war.

This is youtube history in the making... :cool:

16. komuso

komuso Valued Member

The experiment is on!

Child a, wing chun
    Child b, mma
    Child c, nothing - we need a control.

Hang on a minute, is typing that you will make a child do wing chun a form of abuse?

;-)

thanks again folks!

paul

17. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Buy diapers now. Or napkins. Or whatever you call them down there. I think you call them "napkins." You know the things that babies poop on. It's ASTONISHING how many of those just one baby goes through. Look into diaper/napkin services too. I found it to be a great help.

And a van. Word.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011