tree climbing

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Jordan, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

How do you climb a tree that has know branches and has a wide trunk without ninja claws?

2. Jay

Jay New Member

You don't

3. Jay

Jay New Member

Anyway .. why would you want to ?

4. Zamfoo

Zamfoo Valued Member

grappiling hook or you could try to shimmie up it

5. Adam

Adam New Member

6. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Cut it down. Then its easy to get to the top, just walk along it.

In all seriousness, why do you want to know this sort of stuff?

7. Yojimbo

Yojimbo New Member

mabye there is a prize at the top????

8. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

Cat stuck up the tree?

9. peacfulwarrior

peacfulwarrior New Member

Dangerouse but possible

I haven't tried it but if your crazy enough to then you might be able to use a belt. Wrap the belt around the trunk at a elevated angle and pull your self up when you are at the same angle as the belt then quickly raise the belt again and pull your self up a little bit more and so on. Obviously tossing the belt up should be done very fast or else down you go.

If your in the US then this is similar to how telephone pole climbers work. At least some of them where the poles don't have hooks to assist.

[​IMG]

10. ckc123

ckc123 New Member

with a LONG ladder...

11. 47Ronin

47Ronin New Member

Same thoughts with the belt. I use some rope though or go bare foot. Climbing palm trees is fun!!!

12. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

Build your pecs, and your legs, and crawl up.

13. Geordie Boy

Geordie Boy New Member

or use the secret ninja magic powers. Just jump to the top of the tree! Easy :D

14. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

Ok, for the many of you who want to know why I would want to climb a tree , it is so I can find a look out for fellow ninjas, or to get out of sight , or at the very least shoot a stuning blow dart at an advisary for an attention grabber.
    :D

15. ckc123

ckc123 New Member

and here I was thinking that you wanted to climb the tree to get the case of beer sitting at the top (that the last ninja left behind)

16. Kof_Andy

Kof_Andy New Member

Rap a rope around the tree tide to your hand, to support your weight so you wont fall. Then slowly climb up with your leg.

17. khafra

khafra New Member

The question needs to be qualified a bit more--ya said without claws, but are other implements allowed? Are you completely naked?

My next door neighbor, growing, was half monkey--he could scale trees like that, he was a small, light kid and must've had very strong fingers and legs.

So lose weight and work on your forearms at the gym?

18. ns_oni

ns_oni Valued Member

you could try and climb it like a coconut tree as long as the trunk isn't too thick, i doubt you would attempt to climb it if you didnt have anything that could get you up there easily or safely anyway, find somewhere else to hide :)

19. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

Yes, what do you do if you have no tools, completely naked?

20. Yojimbo

Yojimbo New Member

if you were naked u'd probally get a really bad rash....not like i would know or anything like that...