treating bruises

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by hux, Feb 1, 2006.

1. hux

hux ya, whatever.

this thread has two purposes:

show off my new trophy bruise, feel free to tell me how h4rd c0r3 I am ;)

[​IMG]

secondly - my trainer is saying to get something called arnicoba to treat this, says it's an herbal thing and will help tremendously.

Now, I love my trainer like a brother, but he's no pharmacist. Anybody heard of this stuff? Used it? Got a better idea?

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

is it like arnica cream? That's what i usually use.

3. hux

hux ya, whatever.

4. Alberta

Alberta A legend in my own mind.

i use witch hazel, its wicked

5. Kyouretsu

Kyouretsu New Member

One of the other things you can do to help lessen the bruise... although this won't help the bruise you already have (which is a beaut by the way)...
    Massage the area where you know the bruise is going to form. A bruise is blood pooled under the skin where you have broken small blood vessels or capillaries... if you massage it lightly... you will be able to help move that blood around and stop it from pooling.

6. PlumDragon

PlumDragon "I am your evil stimulus"

I recommend not using Arnica...Read this:
    http://www.dragonslist.com/discussion/218960-post24.html

And for God sake, do NOT ice it!

Thats one mother of a bruise. You really should be using something on that though, it could end up causing problems for you later on if you just leave it alone, depending on the level of damage in there. Dit da jow/wan, some kind of poultice, some patent remedy, lots of massage, something to help clear it up...Earlier treatments should have a more cooling effect onthe body (not ice); once swelling and pain is alleviated, you can work more aggressively with more invigorating treatment.

7. hux

hux ya, whatever.

just continuing my attention whoring ;)

tonight I took a bath in the hottest water I could stand and massaged the thing - which I have named Jim - it feels a lot better now. We'll see how Jim is doing in the morning.

:D

8. uki

uki Banned Banned

dit da jow or yunnan paiyo(don't know if i spelled it correctly)... preferrably a southern recipe. nice bruise, next time move. remember blocking is a last resort. :)

are you and jim in it for the long haul or is this a temporary affair?? :love:

9. barmmer

barmmer Banned Banned

hey captian
    wicked bruise! I havent read all posts, but Ive heard from a few people that eating banannas will heal bruises. mabe its the potassium? Im not sure if it works, but from the looks of THAT, any help Im sure is appreciated.
    also, Kava Kava is an herb that has been proven as effective as asprin for pain relief, and is very soothing. camomile is also very soothing. good luck and God speed on healing brother

10. Kyouretsu

Kyouretsu New Member

I LOVE that you have given it a name!:love: roflmao!

So how is Jim feeling this morning??

11. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Good hux, I think you should get a quality bubble bath, really pamper yourself. Also consider getting a bit of a tan, I think that'd help a lot! :D

12. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Huxtable... forget about that bruise... what about those hairy legs?!?! :eek:

I suggest you get a wax job going right quick. :D Or if you're feeling lucky you could just try your hand with a cut-throat straight razor.

13. hux

hux ya, whatever.

LOL yea I can dig that for sure :) toward the end there I was moving a bit more, but it was hard to see through the tears.

Jim looks bad this morning but feels a lot better. I was able to do TMA class at lunchtime and have almost stopped limping.

:D

14. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Hairy legs are sexy!

.... (on guys that is :rolleyes: )

Some guys have good reasons for shaving their legs...like cyclists, swimmers, pro body builders .... :D

Glad Jim is doing better! ;)