Travel Recommendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Aegis, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

The wife and I just booked a trip out to Korea and Japan later this year. We'll be flying into Seoul and plan to spend time in both Kyoto and Tokyo. So it's time we crowd-sourced some great recommendations from people who have visited Japan and Korea. If you'd been and particularly if you can recommend some of the following, please post below:
    • Historic and cultural "must see" attractions
    • Natural wonders
    • Great theme parks (I love a good thrill ride!)
    • Beach trips
    It's worth bearing in mind that at the moment we have the skeleton of a trip - our flights to Seoul are booked in September, and we have two and a half weeks from arrival to leaving, so our time in either location can be completely flexible.

Any help is much appreciated!

Mitch, axelb, Mushroom and 1 other person like this.
  2. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Changdeokgung Palace blew my mind, and the views from Mt. Namsam in Autumn are stunning. Korea is one of those places that is amazing whenever and wherever you go!

Aegis likes this.
  3. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

For Korea, I would spend a bit of time in Seoul, maybe hit Kangnam area, and then hop a train South. My picks would be Mokpo (far Southern tip) for its beauty and small town charm. If you are adventurous, you can go to Boryeong (Tae Cheon beach) for some West coast relaxation... nice beaches and food and not crowded. Most of Korea tends to be pretty similar, but the local atteactions can be fun. Puyo in Chungnam is a nice small town with great mountains and a cool downtown too.

Aegis likes this.
  4. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Aegis likes this.
  5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Sounds like an awesome trip.
    I've only been to Namba City in Osaka, where it's mostly food stalls(shock horror). However its not too far from Kyoto, which is apparently all Temple etc.

Aegis likes this.
  6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Take a train to busen!
    The documentary on Amazon prime looks great!

Chimpcheng, Aegis and Smitfire like this.
  7. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Subscribing to this, as I plan to go to Japan for the next Olympics :D