Trapped Miners

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by rtkd-badger, May 6, 2006.

1. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

No one seems to know about the 2 miners, we have here in Australia, trapped 1K underground. They have been there for 12 day's and hopefully within the next 24 hrs they will be free.I hope.
    Brave men.
    Real Aussie's ;)

2. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Its all over the news in the states.

3. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

probably having a BBQ while we speak :cool:

4. medi

medi Sadly Passed Away - RIP

When I read the title I thought "What, at MJ's house?" then I realized it's miners.

5. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Yeah they should be out soon. Apparently the close enough that the miners are digging with hand tools instead of machinery.

6. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

I always find this kind of story bizzare. This week tens of thousands of people will die across the world, millions of people will experience devastating personal tragedies, yet so many people get worked up about this specific one, simply because it is easy to televise. It just doesn't make sense to me.

7. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Let me explain it to you:

[​IMG]

Bling bling money money!

8. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

its fairly obvious why people care- they can relate to these guys. they are (being portrayed as im sure) good aussie blokes tragically trapped. westerners can't identify with, say, 500 people freezing to death in some russian village, or a sweatshop roof caving in and killing a bunch of workers in china because it isnt part of their world. I mean for many australians these miners could be a brother or husband or son, hence why they get so worked up about it.

god, can you imagine how bored they would be? and where would they take a dump?

9. rtkd-badger

Lmao, ya know Ikken, I was thinking the same thing :D

10. Shadow_of_Evil

Yeah it's been established that it's really smelly down there ;)
    As for being bored...man, almost two weeks in a tiny cage with nothing to do. Ouch.
    At least they can deliver stuff to them through the small tunnel they dug to them.
    They both got magazines delivered, as well as bulk food, water, clothes and each got an iPod with their favourite music :)

11. rtkd-badger

One fella's family sent him some deoderant and toothpaste.
    Rescuers now have another set back with the rock being too hard to drill through :bang:
    I dont think they will ever get out

12. Shadow_of_Evil

Nah they'll get them out.
    They're currently using small low impact explosives to blast through the last chunk of rock.

13. Wax

Wax Valued Member

Dave Grohl offered to buy them a beer when he heard that the ipods had Fooeys songs on it.

14. Shadow_of_Evil

HAHAHA! I saw that in the paper this morning.

15. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Apparently, a news reporter dropped dead while reporting on the mine.

16. |MT|omar

|MT|omar Thai Boxer

I wish they'd get them out already... make a movie about it, and be over with it already.... im gettin sick to hearing "they'll be coming out today" which is what they said 4 days ago.

17. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Yeh, they said that they were getting them out last tuesday.

Guess they need to be careful though, be rather anticlimatic if they caused a collapse and killed them...

18. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Funny enough - goes to show you the value placed on life... here in China we get quite a few trapped in mines every week. Sometimes upwards of forty miners. It's become normal. Most don't make it out. China has the most dangerous mines in the world bar none. Life is cheap and expendable.

The two most heartbreaking lines of work someone can ever be in is to be a farmer in the third world or to be a miner. Sad sad stuff.

Hopefully those two guys make it out alive.

19. rtkd-badger

Funny you say that slip, here in oz, we value our fellow mans life, we have a sence of mateship, to us, they are not only 2 men stuck in a hole, they are 2 mates, even though most of us have never met them.

20. Shadow_of_Evil

There from Tasmania. So they're ALL related. Hence they really want them out. ;)