trampoline

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by JTiedes, Apr 11, 2005.

1. JTiedes

JTiedes Wielder of the Wiffle.

is there any specific benifts to using a trampoline?
    i have a 16 foot trampoline and never thought of using it to work out on until today, i mean its a good cardio, but does anyone know what it does for ya? and if so does anyone have a plan they use for it?

2. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

I have a 13 foot, its good cardio and its fun, I think that's it.

3. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

It makes you fly high into the air (watch out for low ceilings if bouncing inside), and then you come hurtling back down again, only to rebound back sky-wards.

Climb on. Position in the centre of the bed, and start bouncing. If you feel like it, try some fancy drops (seat drop always a good one to start with) and keep bouncing until:

A) You recieve a visit from a meal you had earlier in the day
    B) You tire yourself out, and fall unconcious
    C) Get arrested for merrily singing out loud whilst still bouncing in the middle of the night.

What ever happens, have fun, and remember: Land on the bouncy part, not the ground around over the edge!! :D

4. JTiedes

but its so fun to land on the ground :D

yea thats what i tought, just good cardio fun thanks guys

5. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

oh!

and you can fight someone on it, it looks like a scene from crouching tiger hidden dragon!

6. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Although im not sure i'd recommend waving swords around whilst bouncing! :D

7. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

the swords make it more realistic.

:cool:

8. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

But why do it? Trampoline sword fighting-Do isnt str33t effective! :p

EDIT> Besides, baseball bat training on a 12ft trampoline is much better for realism. But you have to have a trampoline bed that has lots of the small holes in it, otherwise you dont bounce as high and the whole style looses its effectiveness.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  9. JTiedes

hey man, its the most realistc combat situation youll ever be in, but it has to be no contact, people dont hit eachother with poles in real s7r337 fights

10. Goju

Goju Yellow Belt

lmao
    :D

11. JTiedes

no man its not tha singing, its the laughin and music

12. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

They do too! Just the other day, I was walking down the highstreet, and i saw some punks try to mug an old man. And he was like "Oh no you dont!" and whipped out his trusty ol' 12footer, hopped on and battered the muggers with a pole!

Trampoline pole fighting is the ultimate s7r337 defence method, providing you train in the following way:

1) Train against a resisting bed. Beds that cooperate and bounce you higher with no effort on your part do not help your training.
    2) Train only with grade 1 "Whacking Sticks". These can be puchased at many local DIY stores, cunningly disguised as bean-poles.
    3) Bounce full contact. We all know the consequences of those shmucks who only bounce semi contact... Wooses... :rolleyes:
    4) Compete frequently against different bouncers in NHB matches (no holds bouncing).

Follow these steps, and you will be the ultimate master of "Trampoline-Do, ultimate s7r337 fighting with sticks" style.

13. JTiedes

wanna know my super secret combo for trampoline-do?

push them off

UNBEATABLE

how long do u think until this is moved to jokes or off topic?:p

14. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Dont be soooo stoopid! We all KNOW that pushing your opponent off WONT WORK ON THE S7R337!! I once saw a WTF (World Trampolining Federation) fighter try to push someone off, and he got totally PWNED!

:D Dunno, shall we take bets as well? :D

15. JTiedes

hey man, every trampoline fight ive been in ended in 2 ways, someone gets to tired, or they get pushed off.

we all know that groundfighting is useless in WTF anyways

16. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Thats what happens when people take part in pants Point Bouncing. It should be full contact NHB bouncing all the way.

17. JTiedes

well thats why you gotta use your throws too, nothing like the old trampoline hammer toss

18. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

You cant use throws in Trampoline-Do! We dont train for throws! They completely undermine the traditions of our noble art!

19. JTiedes

in the system taugh by grandmaster jump king, throws are totally legal, as well as strikes that are pulled, and leaking bodily fluids

20. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

Of course the latter two are allowed. They are baseline techniques. But 3rd Generation Grandmaster Bounce Ing Bak said that throws are suitable for use in the s7r337, because they are far to uber deadly and will kill everyone within 3 blocks of the fight!