training without a dojo

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by ninjaman111, Jan 16, 2007.

1. ninjaman111

ninjaman111 Valued Member

i have recently started bjj and i love it, but the lacrosse season is coming up next month, my first love. i can crosstrain with them both for that month but then i have to temporarly stop bjj, how do you guys train when you cant make it too the dojo, not to mention getting rides from my parents to the dojo every night isnt so easy...

2. RiveraRa

RiveraRa New Member

Drills at home, keep up your cardio and strength, watch videos/read books

3. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

upa. ebizori. repeat at length. stretch.

get everything you can out of lacrosse while it's taking up your time. come back to class in the best condition you can attain.

4. Atharel

Atharel Errant

Pull guard on your lacrosse teammates.

Err. Yah, do drills. Upas. If you have any grappler friends willing to roll with you and a place to do it, friendly rolling just for position probably would be a good idea to keep gross motor skills tuned up. Don't include submissions, trying submissions without an instructor leads to both risk and bad habits.

5. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Pulling guard is such a negative thing. You don't pull guard, your throw guard!

:p

6. ninjaman111

ninjaman111 Valued Member

well luckily i have just over a month left of bjj, then i guess i will pick up some videos/books and just learn all i can..

thanks for the help!

7. pauli

pauli mr guillotine

make sure you talk to your instructor - he's apt to have some good advice on what you should be doing during your break from training.

8. Ghost Frog

Ghost Frog New Member

LOL. Love it!