Training under Asian supervision vs. Western supervision

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by gerard, Jun 21, 2005.

1. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Very true, there are even differences between various social groups in same cities, each create their own mini cultures and traditions, for example various slang terms which are endemic to the less economically fortunate compared and various ‘buzz’ words amongst the more economically fortunate (I’m trying to be politically correct), basically the upper and lower classes (it did not work).

2. Taiji Butterfly

Taiji Butterfly Banned Banned

But at the end of the day... lol
    (don't you just love that expression??)
    ....it ain't about talking, eating haggis, making phone calls or any other head-based activity is it? :rolleyes:
    It's all about movement of the human body & mind, cultivating life force and kicking butt all of which are universal thangs imo :D
    Is anybody really still trying to take this preposterous thread seriously btw?? :D
    Peace
    :Angel:

3. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

Sorry TB I just cant get what youre trying to say... can I come stay with you to learn the cultural aspects... :D

4. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

ARGHHHHHHHHH :woo: scream, stamp, yell :woo: :woo: :woo:

How could you... :bang:

On the other hand, all things being equal, it all boils down to, yknow...

I am going to lie down until I feel better. :love:

btw....there are 'untranslatable words' in all languages.....but....it is possible with diligence and perserverence to convey a close approximation to the meaning. :D

5. Shadowdh

Shadowdh Seeker of Knowledge

Thus garnering understanding MF... when all is said and done, theres nothing new under the sun... ;)

6. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Nooooooooo, tearing my hair out, eating my own feet in an effort to make it all stop :cry: :p