Training Trials and Tribulations

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Rand86, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Class yesterday. Today...

41 kg 1-Arm DB Clean and Press
    4x3

That went alright.

Close Grip Chinups (towel over the bar)
    Blast Strap Dips (feet on the floor)
    3x1-2-3

I just might have to add another ladder.

Alternating Pistols, offset with 15 kg
    37 kg 1-Arm DB Swings
    2-3-5

Stopped at five, as I was beginning to feel wobly on the pistols.

1-Arm/1-Leg Alternating Plank
    3 sets as long as possible (18s, 20s, 20s)

Don't ask me how that's possible, because I have no idea. Pretty chuffed with the result though.

Guess what? Class tomorrow.

2. Rand86

Class it was. While throwing a meia lua de frente (inside crescent kick) I grazed the lass I was playing with on the side of the head, then my foot somehow slid down and got tangled in her t-shirt which nearly tore. It was mostly the t-shirt she was upset about. Women. :dunno:

Today...

47 kg 1-Arm DB Clean and Jerk
    4x2

Felt like crap.

47 kg 1-Arm DB Rows
    Blast Strap Pushups w/ feet elevated
    2-3-5-12-2-3-5-12-2-3-5

The standard "2-3-5-AMAP", except I skipped the last "AMAP". Just didn't have it in me today.

43 kg Reverse Goblet Lunges
    Assisted Glute Ham Raise
    3x5

I think I'll start going for more reps here. Maybe.

15 kg V-Sit Twists
    1x20

One set to max.

Glad I got it done and really glad to get it over with.

3. Rand86

Le Fish and le yours truly in some le wacky hijinx:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6s8cLXseAeQ"]video 2014 03 02 16 16 44 - YouTube[/ame]

And yes, that WAS the world's worst tornado kick attempt at 1:48. :D

4. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Rand. Hurt him more. I want an easy weekend! ;)

5. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Clearly you've never seen me try and do the same thing :p

My god. That was awesome. It's watching Goliath fight a hairy tornado of fisty fury. Oh how I giggled :D

Also, damn that camera's poor range of visibility/scope/stuff. Sounded like lots of entertaining shenanigans kept happening off camera :p

6. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

7. Fish Of Doom

i do need to learn some actual capoeira eventualy though :p

8. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Fish..are you like some sort of MAP ronin? Travelling the world and training with people?

9. Rand86

Fixed that for you. :D

10. Fish Of Doom

training with friends is almost the only reason for which i travel :p

11. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Okay, the two of you need to not be Europe, but rather somewhere in the U.S. right now, so that I can get a jogo in! Good to see you both having fun.

Rand, hadn't noticed you on MAP in a while, good to see something from you!

FOD, you say haven't trained in capoeira, but you do present a passing familiarity with some of the movements--is that just from messing around with friends or have you ever taken any workshops?

Again, good stuff. On a strange side note, I've been listening to Herbie Hancock this morning while surfing the web and so, when I hoticed at the beginning of your video that there was no music, I turned the sound down on it and turned the sound up on Herbie Hancock and the Headhunters' 'Vein Melter'. Nice experience.

12. Fish Of Doom

no no, i have trained capoeira (i've been doing it at uni this bast year and did a batizado in december to get my green cord. the thing is that when i try to do capoeira i do krotty instead :D

13. Rand86

Okay, so brief summary of Fish's visit in a few points:
    - Fish is an ace guy, a really good teacher, and a veritable buzzsaw to spar with.
    - My sense of direction sucks, and I probably shouldn't use public transport without supervision.
    - When picking a potential gym, one can do worse than look at the pictures of the owner - if said owner looks like somebody grafted Dan John's head onto the body of an old-school bodybuilder, the gym is probably solid.
    - Confession bear time: I am not altogether sold on deadlifts. I know I know, no need to give me dirty looks.
    - Barbell OHP and back squats though... hell yes :love:;
    - It was hilarious watching the looks on people's faces when they saw Fish parade in a sleeveless t-shirt and shorts in what is technically the deep of winter.
    - Oh, and Boris... forget about having an easy weekend. I don't think Fish ever actually tires. :D

Did my standard workout of snatches, pullups, headstand pushups, goblet squats and sliding leg curls on Monday; skipped the blast strap fallouts as my abs were having fits anyway.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  14. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

That's good to know. He can carry me everywhere then!