Training T-shirts

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by saru1968, Jul 3, 2005.

1. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Hi all

Back online after house move.

Whilst unpacking in the new house my ever suffering partner asked me to sort my t-shirts out. I entered to find a massive pile of my training t-shirts.

So just out of interest how many training t-shirts do you have and whats the oldest you have and you favourite?

I have 35 at last count!

oldest was a 1990 BBD Gloucester Dojo t-shirt

favourite is my white Dojo t-shirt as all the others are black, me i like to be different, next batch will be purple!

Gary

:)

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

I've only got about 6. Usually the sleeves end up getting ripped off or the sides torn past repair. I've retired 2 of them, one being my 2003 NJ Tai Kai T and one from the College Park Ninjutsu Club (now defunct). I did have one from the 1982 Ninja Festival that lasted me until about 5 years ago. The oldest one I have is a sleeveless sweat shirt form the Eindhoven Dojo that my friend Stan gave me in 1990.

3. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

Hi Gary, welcome back, hope the move wasn't too stressful.
    Haven't you still got your 2003 Manchester TaiKai t-shirt?, that was white.

I have about six of my dojo tee-shirts and seem to wear them all the time, even out of training, sometimes under my Gloucester rugby shirt. People must think I don't have any other clothes. :D

My favourite t-shirt at the moment is the American Bujinkan Dojo one that I bought when I was at RVD's Summer Training Camp.
    Kalifallen bought me a nice one as a present, it is a cartoon ninja and pirate having a fight and underneath, the caption reads, "Ninja's and Pirate's don't get along!".

4. Satori81

Satori81 Never Forget...

Hmm...I only have one shirt (from Ninpo), but I NEVER wear it to training! It's too cool! I wear all my old, crappy military t-shirts to training.

May you achieve
    Satori

5. cj256

cj256 Valued Member

my uke nearly ripped mine clean of my back this afternoon good job it was an old one :rolleyes: it looked like one of those t's that you see huge bodybuilders wearing with all the neck ripped out!!!! :D

cheers lee :)

6. uraken

uraken Be water my friend...

AY !

I didnt't rip it i was hanging on for dear life people !!! the guy's an animal

Anyway you looked pretty macho stood there like that, oops !! did i say that out Loud :) :)

Only joking mate, excellent training CJ, thanks

PS, The shoulder's dropped back in nicely......

7. cj256

cj256 Valued Member

:D the gi tops gonna have to be worn from now on i think!!! :rolleyes:

i have long arms and after a few washes and a bit of shrinkage the arms look really short!! does any1 else have that problem with gi tops????

8. Peaceful Tiger

Peaceful Tiger Happy Member

Got to watch Gi tops aswell, I had my dojo sleeve patch ripped from my jacket the other week by an over-enthusiastic kunoichi.
    I wouldn't mind, but I'm crap at sewing :D

Last edited: Jul 4, 2005
  9. cj256

cj256 Valued Member

i'm getting better at sowing which looks like this could be very usefull in the near future as when in training i'm starting to resemble doctor david banner ,except not turning green with mad eyes!!!!! :)

also i have a nice shadow warrior bujinkan dojo tee!! but this is gettin a bit ravaged now ,i could do with some new ones i reckon!!

ian?????

10. specourt

specourt Hero in a half-wit shell

My latest gi was a bit large til I machine washed and tumble dried it, then it looked very old and smaller. Then I found the label that said "Cold wash and drip dry" :eek:

11. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

We do train in t-shirts in the summer, no a/c here. I have 4. I also collect MA shirts so anyone out there have extras?

12. Krum

Krum The Walking Bruise

I currently have 4 training shirts in rotation.

A Manchester TaiKai 2003 shirt, a black long sleeved shirt and an identical short sleeved shirt with velcro areas on the left for my Kyu patch and a grey shirt with "Ninjutsu" Kanji characters on the front.

I own 2 Gi jackets which i very rarely wear due to me breaking out in a sweat just by getting them out of the bag! :D

13. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

Hmmmm....I have one of my older brother's old "ninja kanji" t-shirts from 1982, during his Shadows of Iga days. I also wear his old BDUs, which got so faded and worn he was gonna give 'em to the S.A. Otherwise, ah, yes, my training t-shirts include some real favorites:

---There's my really faded black t-shirt (now more a dark gray?) that I can't FIND (the sock demons must have taken it as a sacrifice in the washing machine...) that a K.I.D.S. (Kids Involved in Doing Something--Quakertown Borough's free day kids camp) fellow counselor "loaned" me in '95.
    ---Then there's the Lagerfeld Photo t-shirt I wear inside out (it says "Lagerfeld Photo" in huge blue letters on the front)
    ---Next is my so-soft-it's-perfect-for-car-buffing '98 Tai Kai t-shirt (collar torn off, ripped, holes in it, etc.).

Normally, I rarely, if ever, actually wear any "Bujinkan" t-shirts to train, because I hate to see them turn out like my '98 shirt. Now, had I known, I would have gotten a '97 Tai Kai (New Jersey) shirt or something when I attended, but I just didn't. Sniff.

Now, I mostly wear just brown, black or olive drab shirts from the WM or KM--cheap shirts able to be discarded because of tears, rips, and being stretched in all sorts of wacky ways, and also because they get covered in bug spray, sweat, mud, and blood (sometimes).

Looks wistfully into closet...speaking of gi tops...oh, yes, there's even that old (don't laugh) denim/polyester gi top from '82 I wore for Halloween that I still wear on autumn days out of nostalgia. It doesn't breathe worth a durn, but that "hidden pocket" sure is cool ;) for putting shuriken in there, hah hah.

Speaking of breathing...this thread, just a light and airy walk down memory lane, is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the more, um, serious threads. Keep it going, and list those tees!

--Snake

14. cj256

cj256 Valued Member

15. Radio4aHead237

Radio4aHead237 New Member

I have three tank-tops to go under my Kokigi at present. I sweat enough in them as it is...damn warm-ups :p...but I don't know how long they'll last. They've done well so far :D

16. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

I have two (light grey) school t-shirts for Budo class (if my miserable knees ever allow me to get back to it). They go under the gi top in case the top, uh, opens. :D

I have three plain black T's for Tai Chi Chuan. I just wear those with black sweat pants. I don't have any Tai Chi seminar T's, because the ones we have now are white, and I never, ever wear white t-shirts.

These T's are all still in excellent condition; they're not old enough to have fallen apart yet.