Training log of a Martial Arts journeyman

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by ThaiNinja, Sep 16, 2011.

1. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

Well i think have discovered what has been making me feel crap for ages,discovered damp in my bedroom which has brought on asthma,I've only ever had bother with asthma once and it was dust that caused it.after I came back from new York my chest felt horrendous,a few trips to the docs,discovering and cleaning the damp plus 2 inhalers seem to have sorted it yesterday.resumed my training yesterday,went to superhero fitness in the morning where i got hammered in a circuit class,then returned to dogbrothers class at night.dogbrothers was really good,ages since I've been,practised some clinch work which I've never done with a stick in my hand before. Started with some wrestling positioning then went onto rushing in to your opponent,taking control of their stick before moving into a takedown.totally knackered after that day.

2. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

3 mile run today.think tomorrow will do some bagwork,practise some Thai
    &what I was doing at dogbrothers,however am nightshift tonight so subject to change lol

3. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

3 mile run yesterday, garage workout today.skipping,bagwork,floor to ceiling ball,then a circuit.

4. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

Some practice with my dogbrothers sticks and a circuit on wednesday, rest day yesterday and strength and conditioning circuit at superhero fitness today. really good session at superhero fitness, knackered

5. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

3 mile run today, bagwork and circuit in my garage tonight. possibly make muay thai tomorrow morning, see how i feel in the morning as have some serious sleep to catch up on from work at the weekend.

6. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

Happy new year people. cant believe the last time i updated this was 28th november, embarassed by that. Well with it being the new year the obligitory resolutions are, train more and make more of an effort, eat better and enjoy myself more in 2012.

have made enquiries about getting some bjj privates in order to give me a bit of grounding for beginning my classes. D unit gym which i go to had a fire in it last year and they are hoping to open a new premises mid jan so ill be back training there soon. All being well i should be training muay thai and bjj regularly soon, with dogbrothers classes aswell. quite a good mix. I seem to be unable to get any regular routine going, so i think ill try and make up a timetable with my shifts, days off and when i can train and see how that works. had my first training session of the year, just a skipping,bagwork session in my garage but its a start.

7. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

Muay Thai class today at 12, really enjoyed it. first time ive done any Thai in months. Have never been to the Sunday class, after warm up, did a few pad drills, just working 3 punch variations with kicks, each round had 10 kicks each side at the end. Its fair to say i was blowing out my backside after it, really good though. shame i cant go every sunday because of work, just need to see when else i can fit it in.

8. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

yesterday i went swimming, a small pool to be honest so did 50 lengths, and after i got home i went for a 1.5mile run. today ill be doing some skipping, bagwork in the garage.

9. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

Forgot to update this,Thursday went for 1 1/2 mile run with some hill sprints and burpees,then after a short rest some bag work and a small circuit.Friday tried a bootcamp class at a local boxing gym,oh dear god it was hard,all mini circuits using tyres,ropes,body weight exercises,really tiring but an awesome workout.

10. ThaiNinja

ThaiNinja Valued Member

Went to a systema class on thursday, Scotross for anyone interested. enjoyed it, never done it before. its a new class which has started at pro life gym but there are other classes on elsewhere that have been running for years. it was mostly a beginners class, but looking to learn some holds and locks at it. I have worked out a timetable based around my shifts and days off, so if i follow it i should be training muay thai, bjj, and systema. Going to try the SMTC gym in port glasgow as the nights they train suit my timetable, and will hopefully be training some bjj at griphouse.
    read a good article on hill sprints in fighters only, so rather than going on 3 mile runs ive got a 1 1/5 mile route that has a steep hill 1 mile into it. going to do this more than the 3 mile route. went running last weekend, and before each hill sprint you do an exercise, first sprint its 10 tuck jumps, then 10 burpees, then mountain climbers, then squat thrusts. was an absolute killer so will need to build up the number of hill sprints i can do, was a great workout though.