Training in japan

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Tudoggz, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Tudoggz

Tudoggz Valued Member

Thanxs heaps again for the replys!!! at least i have a rough idea of wat to expect!! im still very anxious and nervous though lol but i guess that normal!
    who knows if i go at a certain time i may c sum of you guys there and no even know it ! lol

cheers again
    mick

2. Orrah

Orrah Valued Member

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I figured it was better than creating a new one - and inevitably being linked back here :p

Anyway, I was wondering if anybody could tell me roundabouts how much it would cost to go to japan and stay and train there for a while? I'm considering going to Japan for a short time once I finish uni. I've always wanted to go but never before been able to. I know I'm very new to Ninjutsu but I'd planned on going to Japan even before I started training. Obviously, if I'm going to Japan I'd want to take advantage of the opportunity to train while I'm there. ;)

Thanks.

3. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

depends entirely on what you do whilst your there.

whether you eat out or cook in etc.

whether you just train and miss the sight seeing.

Now for me in september last year it was 12 sept -28th sept

£500 flight
    £1000 cash to spend
    now i can remember the amount but i'm sure the accommodation was around 5000 yen a day but i would have to look up the reciept.

But take into account i did not intend to save money, i went to several shrines, bought junk food, internet cafe, bought a suitcase full of size 27 tabi as well as loads of gifts.

The majority of cost is a)flight b)accommodation c) travel cost to and from accommodation to training then you just have your training costs (pm me) and day to day living costs which you can do on £50 a day.

But if you want a training only cost of the trip 'PM' Kouryuu, rather than the sightseeing element as he does 3 weeks twice a year and is a tight git :)

4. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

NOW i understand Spooky`s PM :eek:

5. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

6. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Now i am confused

and your making me paranoid or was that polaroid?

:)

7. Orrah

Orrah Valued Member

Thanks for your reply saru. I'd be interested in both training and sightseeing, I was just curious to know what sort of cost I'd be looking at. It's not going to happen anytime soon - I still have another year to go at uni - but I've decided to start putting some money away in preparation.

Again, thanks a lot. :D

8. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

For two weeks, £1500 inc flight, training, accom`, prezzies etc

9. Orrah

Orrah Valued Member

Great, thanks. Guess I better get a bigger piggy bank then. :D

10. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

the last thing you want to do is run out of money there, best to over estimate, also consider on some days you can train twice a day and sometimes even three times.

'Pm' me if you want a better breakdown as its not good to post prices.

:)

11. mpearce

mpearce Valued Member

12. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

I heard the foreign legion threw him out because of it, he was that tight he squeeked while on duty and gave positions away!!

13. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

It was probably Rich brown nosing again!!! :eek:

14. Lord Spooky

Na not really just wondering if Gary had forgot to have his tic tacs! ;)

:D :D

15. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

no, but i'm starting to listen to the voice of reason,see you next season.

16. Lord Spooky

take the red one Gary it's better in the long run! :D

17. fire&steel

fire&steel Valued Member

All of the classes in Japan (taught by the Japanese, there are also western Shihan that also teach they will most likely in english )will be in Japanese even if the Japanese instructors speak english they will Teach in Japanese. There is Nothing to be worried about except, read up on Japanese culture! ( there is a site about basic culture if I can find the url I will post it in this thread if someone does not beat me to it) Read other forums like Kutaki, Martial talk ect most have threads about how to behave in Japan in regard to training. If you remember to be polite and use good basic manners that you would use when visiting a strangers house you can't go to far wrong even though you may still do thing that is considered rude by Japanese culture , it will not be seen as such, and someone will most likely help you to understand the correct way.Big thing to remember about Japan is the issue of Rubbish, garbage, trash what ever you call it. The Japanese recycle LOTS so use the right bins where ever you stay. Ther are NO public rubbish bins. If you have rubbish take it back with you to where you stay and dispose of it properly. Most shops have bins that are for the rubbish brought by their customers only. Never throw anything away anywhere and don't leave you rubbish for someone else to clean up particularly in or around DOJO or NODA city !
    Some basic things to look out for! the OK finger sign in Japan means money, if you wave goodbye in the western style (hand going up and down ! not side to side) it means come here in Japanese. So as you can see it is easy to put your foot in your mouth over there without even knowing it :D Other than that relax enjoy the training , you will not understand it you are not suppose to but you will learn lots if you forget everything else and just watch the movement and try to find the feeling not the technique :D

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006
  18. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Thought I might mention that the exception to the Japanese rule is with Shiraishi-sensei, who will conduct classes in English with some blurbs in Japanese to other Japanese practitioners or those who speak the language fluently or thereabouts.