Training Blind

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Ninjit, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Dialectitian

Dialectitian Banned Banned

They generally use bytes, although there are 8 bits in a byte, noone "uses" bits :D

Joking

2. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

You decide :)

3. GoldShifter

GoldShifter The MachineGun Roundhouse

I didn't train with glasses since I got them back in about 6th or 7th grade. Later on in life, it just became easier to spar without glasses because I didn't have to sweat the small stuff at first and really noticed the big picture things, like ... a leg coming at me or a punch. And forcing myself to find the small telegraphs in their style of fighting without glasses really paid dividends when I got contacts and could actually see everything afterward. To this day, I still don't train with glasses on, they're always on the shelf on the edge of the mat. It just feels awkward to me.

4. baldrick

baldrick Valued Member

Hi Pearsquasher,

I was there to! Yes, that was Steve from Exeter in the wheelchair, and the Triple amputee is Bryan, both nice guys. And a what a great Godan test from Bryan!

So, in answer to the original poster, yes, you can train with out glasses. I wear glasses, but usually take them of class and try and figure out what the finer details are. Unless I'm in japan training, then I usually leave them on :)

5. bujingodai

bujingodai Retired Supporter

I think to train blind for something being projected at you, like shurikan or tsuki. Is a little mad.
    We trained blind to test other senses whether it be getting out of a house when needed, say a fire. Or when training some H2H and not wanting to be able to forecast movement based on vision but more a feeling. I think that is OK.

The idea of having some mystical knowing a projectile is at you. Maybe start performing Kuji in in the midst to make it dramatic.

6. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

It's surprisingly easy to grapple with my eyes closed because there is always contact and you know where they are. However you can't get that with striking. Seriously, get some contact lenses and duck it up.