Tragic End to a beloved Martial Arts Program

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by G50, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

its the default response people in my generation fall to when they dont have a good response.
    its usually used illogically for funniness.

e.g
    A: "I want some ice-cream"
    B: "Your face wants some ice cream"
    A: "... yeah... it does... thats what i said..."
    B: "... your face..."

2. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Pretty much this.

3. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

A: You mothers a whore!
    B: Your face is a whore!

Brilliance of the minimum wage generation.

4. monkeywrench

monkeywrench Valued Member

I wouldn't know. The one Korean guy I trained under, that was a "self defense" college course (based on TKD) and no titles were used. Just "Mr. Yoh" as I recall. He was a great guy btw. My wife (girlfriend at the time...MA has been a theme to our whole relationship!) and I both took that class and loved it. He gave us both presents for "Perfect Attendance" at the end.
    He also ate up the information I gave *him* on self-defense I had picked up from prior training in Cuong Nhu. He was writing like mad in his little notepad!
    And since I'm on a roll here, we also had a guy in that class use a basic block/strike combo to successfully defend himself against an attack. Pretty cool, eh?
    :hat:

Seon Saeng Nim sounds good to me!

5. G50

G50 Night Owl

Update - There may still be hope. I'm trying to get more information this weekend about what's being done.
    One of our top Masters in the process of trying to save the organization.

6. Done-Gone

Done-Gone Banned Banned

Good luck. The Bally by my dojo - was bought up by LA Fitness, and LA Fitness does not allow kids, due to their insurance liability policy. What was once the area where they practiced TKD & HKD, will now become basketball and racquet courts. I did notice two guys passing out flyers on Friday. I think to another dojo where some of the instructors will be teaching or just recommending to their old students... maybe on a commission basis. Either way, I signed up 6 new students this past week and I'm certain many more will follow, soon. They thought they'd put me outta business - but they are the ones doing a magic trick - and disappearing. :rolleyes:

7. LeaFirebender

LeaFirebender Ice Bear has ninja stars

^Pretty much what I was trying to say but bettr (thanks :))

Sa-bum-nim is the way I've seen it written, but we just use "instructor".