Tournament Help

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Hidden_Dragon, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Hidden_Dragon

Hidden_Dragon New Member

I am currently ill but i am soon going to get better from this cold. i have a tournament coming up on the 18th of April . I was wondering what i could do in 2 1/2 weeks to really improve my skills and serious up my chances of doing well. I have been off training for 4 days since i got an injury ( healed=pulled muscle) and now a cold.

Primarily i want to improve my kicks but is there any tips or advice you could give me for training . Also this is my first tournament..... so any general tournament tips/advice.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  2. Mr. Anderson

Mr. Anderson Valued Member

You must be more sick than you thought. It looks like you missed the tournament already...ten days ago.

In case you are delirious from the medications and just made a mistake on the date, train hard for the next two weeks, eat right, get plenty of sleep, and try talking to others at your training center on what to expect. You are not going to be transformed into a fighting machine in 2 weeks - sorry.

3. Hidden_Dragon

Hidden_Dragon New Member

I know i wont be transformed in the next two weeks but it can make a big difference. LOL about the date ..... it was a simple typing error :Alien:

4. Devoken

Devoken On the Path-Off the Rails

Intensive training is your best option, but dont over do it or you wont be able to compete at all. Also, the best way to improve your kicks, is to kick.Lots.
    Best of luck for your first tournament.

5. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

I take it you are competing in sparring? If so, the one thing i would focus on is to remember to breathe. Exhale on each technique, you'll lose a lot less energy. I remember in my first comp I kept forgetting to breathe and as a result was completely shattered at the end of the first fight (of course it didnt help that the fight went on for 3 extra rounds due there not being a clear winner, but there you go). In the short space of time you've got I suggest that you just keep training daily as you have been, as you don't really have enough time to make any drastic difference. Focus on some combinations etc, and when it comes to the day, have fun and good luck! :)