Total insanity

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Yatezy, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Yatezy

Yatezy One bad mamba jamba

I was reaing in bike magazine the other day, and the two guys were testing the bikes around some road in France, the Peripherique. The reason why they were doing it here was because years ago some dude set a speed record on a normal road just being nuts basically!

They tested there bikes at sometime in the morning when traffic was low but after seeing the video, the "Black Prince" did this in daylight and from the conditions i wouldnt have said they're completely dry! Utter madness.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AgzZd8Lr64"]Black Prince - YouTube[/ame]

Needless to say, dont try this at home or infact anywere! :eek:

2. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Crazy, i wouldn't like to have seen the mess if he clipped any of the other vehicles at that speed.

3. Yatezy

From what ive read he tried it a second time to beat his record but unfortunately never made it. Im only guessing he hit a car and needless to say killed himself

4. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

They give bikers a bad name... :bang: Idiots!

5. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

It's guys like this - the daredevils and stunt riders who are really going to push the limit as far as performance and skill on bikes though.

The fact that it's dumb goes without saying . . . I mean this guy is driving a bike at high speeds (anyone know how fast he got?) around busy city streets, but the fact remains that people like that are part of the biking community.

6. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

I've never ridden a large bike, but used to have a 50cc scooter years ago (probably wouldn't be able to hold my weight now!!!)and i had enough near misses with cars which weren't my fault, the amount of people who opened car doors without looking first!!!!!, so putting yourself at risk like this guy is nuts.

7. Yatezy

I think he averaged around 118 mph through out the whole 'course'. It flashes up at times with his speed and the highest it goes is 250 kmph (156 mph) :eek:

Theres another vid of someone else breaking the record and they get upto 270+ kmph (around 170 mph), that was a night time run though

8. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

This is why I don't have a bike. Bad enough in a car.

9. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

Yes, they are. And they're making the roads more dangerous for all the rest of us. I personally think they should have their MC endorsements revoked.

10. Yatezy

Knowing a lot of bikers and being a driver, its actually the cars that are more dangerous. Although riding like this is just silly but plenty of people do it in cars, imagine the carnage if a car was doing this and crashed? Its still remains though, cars are of more to a danger to bikes than the opposite way round.

Bikes are practically invisible whilst driving

11. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Yep, 'tis why I'm getting a flourescent bike when I pass.

12. Yatezy

What bike you getting? Im looking into doing the DAS course but not sure, 700 odd rips is pretty expensive just to use a toy