Total Body Defence

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Taffyleigh, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Anybody looking for new ideas for self defence, if so check out youtube and type in the name wizzydoofer, all sorts of techniques on there including knife and gun disarming moves. Some are clips off the new dvd and some taken from Marco's club in Newport.

2. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

Hey,yeah i know the goshinkwai have some good stuff going on,a lot of the techniques i use in the self defence system i got my teaching certificate in are based from The Goshinkwai syllabus due to the head of the org (SDF's - Dave turton) being an ex Goshinkwai guy.

Well worth a look i do agree :)

3. Tommy-2guns...

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mwFfk7igYC0[/ame] - These are the video's you are refering to yeah? hmm well,im not overly impressed myself,I thought the first technique shown was quite good, the rest wouldnt cut the mustard i feel and the fake falling over and weird noise with the strike were a tad nunecessary, but i guess a video does need to impress the layman,overall im a fan of what they do.

Theres another video - [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6R6FI56liss&NR=1[/ame] not a fan of these either,but horses for courses :)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2007
  4. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Tommy i see you are in Newport in September, we have a club in Newport if you are interested and also clubs just up the road in Risca and Cwmbran. You are more than welcome to come along, we have a wide variety of techniques for self defence if you are interested.

5. Tommy-2guns...

Well id be more than keen to come up and have a look,im set to go to St. Joes Boxing Gym and the Uni Judo club,other than that there are some guys doing MMA classes (though from their profiles they sound much less than qualified),Getting a bit bogged down in the RBSD at the moment,but ill be more than glad to give it a try down there and see what i can find that i recognise from the SDF syllabus,thogh from the looks of it,i think the SDF syllabus has changed quite a lot from Goshinkwai.

6. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Well you are more than welcome to come along and give us a try, the good thing with our style is that you get to use what skills you have from other martial arts ,as the idea is to use for self defence, so you get shown techniques but you adapt them to suit yourself. I go to Risca club on a Tuesday, so if you go there ask for Leigh or just look for the short bloke training the kids class, although you might not spot me straight away as the kids are taller than me!!!!

7. Tommy-2guns...

haha,no worries,you'd notice me, i'll be the tall ginger guy trying to understand all the welsh accents with great difficulty :D

8. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

i'll keep an eye out for you.

9. BlindClown

BlindClown tinit

LOL at the first vid , looks very practicle but why is the "attacker" pulling that face ... on the intial ones ( at full speed ) he doesnt attack him and yet he pulls a face like he has just been hit in the privates ... ee made me laugh :)

but yeah looks pretty good and like it would work :)

10. TigerDude

TigerDude Valued Member

It may be good stuff, but I can't tell lfrom those videos.