Top Ten Fake Ninja Masters

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by elftengu, Jun 3, 2007.

1. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

How's about it folks, lets' have your own top ten, based on the efforts and staying power of these charlatans over the years, then we'll have a mass debate for an agreed MAP Top Ten, or a top twenty if there are enough that are considered worthy of mention.

I'll kick off as follows:

1. Ashida Kim
    2. Harunaka Hoshino
    3. Ronald Duncan
    4. Iga museum curators
    5. That fat Koningun guy.
    6. Frank Dux
    7. Kawakami Jinichi
    8. Toshishiro Obata as non existent authors Katsumi Toda and Yukishiro Sanada.
    9. Rick Tew
    10. go on, you know you want to!

Please include a top ten in every post to keep the thread alive.

2. SteelyPhil

SteelyPhil Messiah of Lovelamb

DJDreammaker?
    lol
    Or did he turn out to be real?

3. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

you forgot the UK based ninj3rz.... The Fuma Ryu. Sprout eaters (hence the name) and the ability to hide on a sports hall while wearing red.

4. elftengu

elftengu Banned Banned

I think they come from Harunaka Hoshino, I should have put Harunaka Hoshino and Fuma Ryu together.

5. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Yep, Hoshino=Fuma Ryu=Adam Richardson(UK)

6. K¡a¡

K¡a¡ Valued Member

come on guy's your forgeting one of the most famous fakes of hollywood
    Sho Ko'sugi from enter the ninja-revenge of the ninja and the regretable ninja 3!

7. K¡a¡

K¡a¡ Valued Member

Oh and what about Robert bussey.

8. K¡a¡

K¡a¡ Valued Member

Sorry steelyphil,
    you can't count Djdreamer as top famous fakes because Djdreamer is only famous in his mind!

9. gakure

gakure I am watching you....

Explain please.

10. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Go visit, it's pure cheese.

Doug Wilson told me that when he went up there with Tim Bathurst they were hucking shuriken and farting around & the Ninja Museum folks got all nervous when Doug gave 'em a crazy look & told them they trained with Hatsumi-sensei. I wish he had had a camera just to see the looks on their faces, from that he was saying it was priceless.

11. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Obata Toshihiro? The head of Shinkendo?

When did he lay claim to being a ninja? AFAIK, he's a legit martial artist in Yoshinkan Aikido & Shinkendo (His own organisation which is a branch school of Nakamura-ryu & Toyama-ryu battodo)

He's done a lot of stuntwork, choreography and has even acted in a number of martial arts related movies with people like Tak Kubota, Bill Ryusaki and Fumio Demura.

12. gakure

gakure I am watching you....

Probably because Hatsumi isn't exactly the most respected person in Japan. Actually I once heard from a Japanese man that most Japanese think the Bujinkan is a organization for Gaijin wanting to play Ninja.

13. doc_jude

doc_jude Banned Banned

Hahahahaha!!! That's funny. I showed my friend Ryuichiro, who does DaitoRyu, some vids of Hatsumi, and he loved them. He then proceeded down to the MA supply shop across the street from Ayase Budokan and bought a copy of every Hatsumi vid they had. And made me copies.

Plus, even if some Koryu folks don't like Hatsumi, I'm sure the Iga museum folks are not among them. How much revenue have they gotten from silly white tourists because of Hatsumi's spreading Ninjutsu all around the world? Yeah, they aren't on the Ninja Hater Bandwagon, you can believe that.

14. fire&steel

fire&steel Valued Member

LOL well that seals Hatsumi sensei and the Bujinkans fate now does it. gakure has heard it first hand from a Japanese man ;) :love: :love: :love: :D

15. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

Hate to burst your black-cladded bubbles, but there are no "real" ninjas today. They're all phoney. It's like saying you're Lord of the Knights or Cap'n of the Pirates. :rolleyes:

16. fire&steel

fire&steel Valued Member

Hmm no Pirate captains hmm funny I could have sworn that there are at least a dozen reports of pirate attacks on vessles every year around the world.

Plenty of knights around to. I am sure that the Queen of England adds to their ranks every year.

No Ninja that would be entirely a matter of perspective !

To much time playing with your own jolly roger Flash my boy.

:rolleyes: ;) :D

17. flashlock

flashlock Banned Banned

Oh, you're so clever!

Yes, the Knight title people are given is just the same as what Knights were during the crusades--EXACTLY THE SAME. You nailed me good. :rolleyes: (Pirates too, but I was referring to the Peter Pan variety!).

Ninjas no longer exist, and it is questionable what the term even meant in the 1700's and before. Whatever they really were, they were intimately linked with feudal Japanese culture. The term has no real meaning today. You can ape techniques that may or may not have been used by traditional ninja clans, you can follow their diet, their religion, and even try to think like them--but you're still not Japanese nor Feudal--you're just a fool pretending to be something that never even really existed (beyond Hollywood and myth).

Nothing lasts--and the ninja died out long ago. Try this analogy: it's like someone studying Plato claiming to be an Ancient Greek Philosopher.

Grow up.

18. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Valued Member

Are you referring to Shinobi or ninja?

19. MonkeysUncle

MonkeysUncle Shakin' like Bacon

Well flash if you're referring to hired assassins that run around in black throwing poison darts, yes, they don't exist, I don't think any sane person assumes that. Legit Ninjutsu, however, is still around. Historical claims aside, that's :topic: , I can't think of many others. Rick Tew makes me laugh almost as much as AK sometimes though.

20. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Shhh!. Listen to Flashlock he has nearly 6 months of BJJ under his belt - he might get angry and sub us all with an armbar. [​IMG]