tooth pain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by g-bells, Apr 23, 2007.

1. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

what works best for your tooth aches?

2. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Take a mouth full of alcohol (er.. ethyl alcohol for God's sake) and hold it for as long as you can and spit it out. It will burn at first but in a few moments the pain will abate.

Get a water pik and use a solution of three percent hydrogen peroxide and warm water followed by an antiseptic mouth wash (yeah, the gross tasting ones) frequently.

Just drinking the alcohol works too but has other side affects. ;)

3. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Clove oil is a God send, tastes like absolute crap but it numbs anything.

That and seeing a dentist.

4. mlan

mlan New Member

Seeing the Dentist is the only bet for a cure

5. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

I'm a martyr to my teeth and I have the utmost sympathy for anyone suffering from toothache or anything else tooth-related.

I've tried several things including those mentioned above but they only hide the problem. Find yourself a good dentist and get the work done. A few years back I went private after years of suffering with bad teeth and worse dentists. Best damn thing I ever did even though it costs a lot more.

6. bcullen

I take it you have a tooth giving you problems?

7. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

Pliers work really well.

8. bcullen

:D

9. Hiroji

Hiroji laugh often, love much

A piece of string and a door....

i have some bad tooth pain at the moment, couldnt sleep last night because of it. All this and i went to the dentist last week and everything was fine :bang: :cry:

10. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

Yeh, just dont swallow it, OR get it on your tongue if you can help it....not good.

That and strong painkillers - might take the edge off the pain and help you sleep

I had a really bad tooth a few months back, couldnt sleep, nearly fainted a few times, as the pain was unbearable, but got through it.

Doesnt help things when the dentist charge you extremely high prices, AND put you through agony :eek:

11. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Bonjella or any baby teething gel will help as a quick fix. Get to a dentist though as it will most likely get worse.

12. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

thanks everyone for the suggestions, the inside of my tooth fell out :bang: so it has come down to dealing with the pain or go to the dentist

13. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

go to the dentist. it's too easy for something like that to get infected.

14. mlan

mlan New Member

Agreed, you don't want it becoming abscess, which if you never had one, be glad cause oh boy!!!! There's some pain for ya :D

15. harhar

harhar I hate semaphores

Avoid citric acid