TooL! check it out!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by BoxBabaX, Dec 14, 2004.

1. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

ya its some pretty spectacular stuff :D

2. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

From a lyrical aspect, Lateralus. Mainly because of the depth and symbolism hiddent behind a wall of abstractness. . . .

God!!! I LOVE that track, it's not even depressing like alot of the early TooL songs, but rather full of hope, inspiration, courage, and insanity (in a good way).

The last two lines are perhaPs the most beautiful ones I've ever read from any lyrics. . . .

"Following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been, we'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been."

Probably the MOST noble lyrics I've heard anywhere put into two lines.

3. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

i've never tried to analyse tool lyrics at all, i just listen to the music for the amazing mood it puts me in

4. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

ah but goku, if u listen to the cd in its new order, the flow of songs is crazy, likes its just 1 long track. The only thing is u kinda need some editing software to take out the pauses, then it flows pretty beutifuly :)
    6,7,5,8,4,9,13,1,12,2,11,3,10 in order. 10-11 already sounds flawless though :D .

5. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

but that order breaks up Disposition, Reflection and Triad, which were all written originally as one song.

6. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

10-11-12 yeah, but just try that sequence, ull be surprised with some of the other results. songs that just ended with beats and random "noise" link up to the next piece.

btw one of my favorite piece of lyrics in reflection:

So crucify the ego, before it's far too late
    To leave behind this place so negative and blind and cynical,
    And you will come to find that we are all one mind
    Capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable.

:)

7. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

well, i'll give it a try, i'll see if i can get some editing software first so i can do it properly though.

8. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

man i remmmeber back in like 2001 i think it was, at the TooL concert here in san diego, when lateralus came on, we (the whole crowd) went insane haha. Awesome concert ^^

9. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

Wow, thanx for that!!!

The reason I started to really like Tool so much is because I'm such a big fan of Sacred Geometry like Danny Carey. I have a Metatron's Cube Tattooed to my back :) I have read both of Bob Frissels books, "Nothing in this book is true, but it's exactly how things are" and his encore, "Something in this book is true". If you read them then you will understand where my Screen Name came from ;)

I never do too much research online but know I am 100% positive that I've found something really amazing that no one besides the people I've showed it too know about (and the band). I can't wait to try it with the songs in that order I'm sure it will be perfect! I was baffled at why It had to start with schism and then only the song the patient would be synchronized if I put the album on repeat!

If it works with this order you posted I will share it with you all, and I'm pretty sure it will work.

Anyway, Yes this is about the album being sychronized with a film, but no it's not just some stupid rumor like "The Dark Side of the Moon" and "The Wizard of Oz". The song schism is the exact same length as the first scene in this old film to the second, I timed it :). And the content of the film fits perfectly with the lyrics and mood. When the mood of the scene changes the tempo in Schism Changes, and the film is on what I believe the song is about, it's really undenieable if you listen to the lyrics. The same thing happens with "The Patient" on another scene, but I was baffled at why it would be just those scenes and those songs. I think with this new order they will all fit :D

Edit- I thought Schism was #6, but that first scene is on part 2 of the movie... Ima do a little experimenting and get back to ya :)

If I still can't get it to work with the whole album I'll tell those who wish to know anyway so you can check it out for yourself. I've kept this to myself (except for friends) since the album first came out, but I suppose there are many other people that are interested to check it out and can appreciate it as much as I do.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  10. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

go merkaba ! :)

im glad my "little" post helped lol. Now hurry up and tell me if this "thing" works! :D

11. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Hey Box, we should submit that article to a magazine or something.

Anyways. . . . what movie are you talking about MerKaBa???

12. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

GojuKJoe: IF you live around Newcastle and like that sort of thing does this mean youve ever been to Crash or Lucky13's or any rock nights like that?

13. MerKaBa

MerKaBa Valued Member

That's silly

Ok fine... I'll post it on the internet (Something I never wanted to do :rolleyes: )

Click Here

I'm not sure about the DVD, but the VHS has 2 parts. The first scene in part one is about Nimrod and the fall of his empire at the Tower of Babel when he challenged God.

If you listen to the lyrics of Schism and read the Story of the Tower of Babel you'll realize that it is probably what inspired the lyrics. So I think it is no coincidence that the song is the exact same length as this scene, and that when the scene changes in mood the song changes flawlessly with it, and the lyrics and melody relate perfectly to what's happening in the film.

There was one other song that also seemed to fit if you put the album on repeat, but none of the others did... this made me think that maybe you had to play the songs in an alternate order for this film to be completely synchronized with the album. Unfortunately that alternate order posted didn't show any signifigant results.

The other song that seemed to fit was The Patient at the scene where Abraham is walking up the mountain to sacrafice his son, but this could be a coincidence even though it seems to fit very well both melodically and lyrically... I discovered this when the album first came out, and I was very eager uncover some of the benevolent mysteries I knew were hidden in this new masterpiece I had just unveiled, but I just watched the first scene with Schism again last night, and that is pretty undeniable... unless it's an amazing coincidence, either way it's worth checking out ;)

At first you'll be like "Yeah... this is pretty cool..." then about half way through it when Nimrod fires the Arrow at the heavens your jaw will drop at the way it fits so flawlessly, and then when they end at the exact same time your heart will skip a beat... if you're like me anyway.

Edit- 30 years from now when this is something every teenager here's about like the old "Pink Floyd- Wizard of Oz/Alice in Wonderland" sync thing you can say you were there when it was originally posted ion the internet, and I can say I was the first to post it... but no one will believe us :D

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  14. GojuKJoe

GojuKJoe Valued Member

I used to go to crash when it was Cuba Cuba, but I've since gotten sick of it and have only been once since it turned into Crash. I go to Trillians usually when I go out.

15. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Remember the song sequence for Lateralus? How they all flow together? The Fibonacci code and everything?

Well, one of my friends just made even more discoveries about the Album. Seems like Lateralus contains even more mysteries.