To the ladies of MAP!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by karate princess, Feb 24, 2007.

?

Do you wear make-up to class?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  3. Sometimes

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. ember

ember Valued Member

I usually don't wear makeup either, just occasionally.

2. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

yay, there's someone else out there! :D
    i gave up years ago, when i realized just how much time & money it was eating up. & my pores are so much happier without all the crap on them! :p

3. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Cait - true about skin (no heavy powders, concealers or foundation) but a bit of lip gloss and mascara don't hurt :)

4. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

true...
    i keep getting told i don't need them tho :D
    so they come out when i really want to look my bestest

5. Thelistmaker

Thelistmaker bats!

I almost never wear make up normally but do put on the occasional dab of concealer in the morning and there’s a 50/50 chance it gets rubbed off before an evening class.
    I do the light makeup thing for going out in the evening but lipstick scares me. It really really does.

I went to a TKD class the other day and the senior instructor (female) was wearing dark purple toenail polish and it made me laugh a little.

6. ember

ember Valued Member

My dad was real down on makeup. For that matter, my husband is too.

But the traditional sorts always itched my skin, so I didn't much like 'em anyway.

Now I've found that the non-allergenic kinds do wonders, when I feel like going for it. Neutragena, Almay, Physician's Formula. And they tend not to clog the pores either.

But this year with being pregnant, even when I think about wearing it I decide not to.

7. I'm not a girl, and I don't wear make-up.
    However, I've found that I can't wear any hair gel when I train as when I sweat it stings my eyes. Not helpful really in a MA class - where seeing things tends to be a bonus.

8. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Ragnarok's a guy?

</autocomplete jokes>
    :D

9. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

Do you guys ever have makeup rub off on a fellow student's gi?

10. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Only their lipstick :eek: :eek: :p

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

We don't wear gi's ,we wear black. Black is great,very flattering. :p

12. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

I'm a girl you know... In many ways. *transforms into a cross-dresser* Now where did my **** go? They were right here in front of me.. Can anybody help me find my ****? :p

AH HA!!! Johnno has them!!!!! Give those back!!! :eek: :woo:

13. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

i only wear makeup cos it's what i was wearing during the day. but it does run and is mostly annoying. i would never wear makeup to a competition tho i really don't think that's necessary...i guess it all depends on the reasons why we wear makeup in the first place. the last thing i want to look is pretty at competitions!

14. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I can't be bothered wearing make up ever. Spends to much time in the mirror and people looking at you.

15. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Haha I can only imagine the predicament of coming home to a GF after class when one of your training partners lipstick has rubbed off on your gi!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

16. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

Black is great isn't it Su :D

I only ever wear mascara and eye liner. If it's still on by the evening then I leave it, but usually I've been in the pool so no :rolleyes:

I shouldn't imagine the kind of girl to spend an hour before class covering herself in inch thick make-up, would last too long anyway ;)

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Even better,my trousers have a yellow stripe down the side and my next sash is yellow so will match! :love:

18. MA_Angel

MA_Angel New Member

I wear make up to class because it's a friendly environment and in sparring punching to the face is optional.

19. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

That made me laugh :D

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

:confused:

Punching in the face is optional?

I always seem to get punched in the face.Hence the reason for always trying to remember to take anything I have on my face off.

Panda eyes! :p