To the ladies of MAP!

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by karate princess, Feb 24, 2007.

?

Do you wear make-up to class?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    22.6%
  2. No

18 vote(s)
    58.1%
  3. Sometimes

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Just a quick question that I thought of a minute ago...

Do you wear make-up to class? And if so, how much?

I usually just wear mascara, but sometimes if I've had eyeliner on that day I'll keep it on.

2. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Well,I do believe I have told you all before- full make up for training including lipstick and false eyelashes!!!

Only joking.Well,I often wear makeup to work,just so I dont scare the good people and staff. :p I tend just to wear tinted moisturiser ,mascara and bit of eye stuff,and can often forget to take it all off for class.

Sometimes I do actually end up looking like a panda if I haven't got the right mascara on.

I'm so vain :(

3. karate princess

karate princess Savvy??

Yeah, I think most of us girlies are... Do you ever walk past a window and look at your reflection?

4. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Bwhahahaha...depends on my mood :p

Sorry KP, couldn't resist :Angel:

Now back to you ladies for some real answers :D

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Erm.....no....I never stop and faff with my hair either. :eek:

Lol Pac! I heard the rumours about your makeup wearing. ;)

6. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Oh, I thought we were talking reflections :eek: :p

7. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lolol :love:

I wish I was less vain. :eek:

8. Hippolyta

Hippolyta Meet coordinator Supporter

I try not to wear makeup as everyone in our clubs wears a white gi and they don't really appreciate mascara smears on them. And since I don't have very good mascara, I tend to up end with a tasteful black eye effect :rolleyes:

9. 2E0WHN

2E0WHN Homebrew for idiots

As long as it is not heavy made up make up, then I am not fussed. As long as it is just minimal and doesn't detract from their training, then it doesn't bother me. The important thing is not looks, but the training the ladies do.

10. pasusan02

pasusan02 Valued Member

Yes...but

I usually attend class in the late aftenoon/evening after work and so I have my regular light makeup on (I teach in a preschool and if I didn't wear some makeup I'm afraid I might scare the little children :D ).

I did have an incident where I had some purple eyeshadow on one time during class and when I got home realized (to my horror) that I had purple eyeshadow all down my face and not one single person mentioned it to me. I was mortified. My own children didn't mention it to me, and, yes, it was really obvious.

11. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I'm just waiting to hear Rags answer to the question. :D

12. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

I thought there was a reason for his headband :p

13. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Not sure if Pacific and cullen are done? :D

Most days I come straight from work so yes I have mascara on and of course moisturiser (that's not make up though).

No eyeshadow, eyeliner, foundation, concealer, lipstick, blush though. That would just be too obvious being the only girl. And with the sweating we do every class, I wouldn't want to be checking my face to see if it had melted off :D

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I'm currently wondering whether to go with a bit of makeup for the demo tomorrow???
    Being the only girl I feel I ought to inject at least some glamour into proceedings. :p

15. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

LMAO

well rags :D

16. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

I don't wear makeup at class, but thats because I'm there to work and train and not pick up :p

Its not about what I look like anyway. My last Instructor said we are only bodies and not identities...I go with that personally...but that just suits me - it won't suit everyone :)

17. ember

ember Valued Member

If I had makeup on for work, I usually don't wash my face before class. But neither do I re-apply it during the day, so it's usually faded by class time anyway.

On the other hand, I almost never wear heavy makeup. Moisturizer every day, concealer/foundation occasionally, sometimes a little eyeliner and/or mascara. If I go for blush, lipstick, or eyeshadow, they're usually not wild colors.

I'll sometimes wear makeup for demos, mostly the foundation to even out my skin tone.

And I do wear light makeup for tournament. Again, mostly foundation to even out the skin tone, and a bit of eyeliner / mascara to help bring out the eyes.

18. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

I tell all my dates the same thing. :D

19. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

i don't tend to wear makeup most days anyway, so no makeup to class either. i just don't feel the need to spend ages painting my face everyday.... (no i'm not a jungle woman, i do shave!). makeup is for special occasions, just like dresses :p

and now that i've revealed myself to be totally un-girly.... :eek:

20. Lily

Lily Valued Member

Su Lin - yes! Go for it girl :D I'd suggest lip gloss on top of your lipstick, smokey eyes, the whole look.

Once I'd attended a work function and rushed to class in a LBD all done up, everyone did a double take. It was funny but I felt really self conscious. So the lesson here Su Lin is that be prepared for the attention :p