To Post or not to Post.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Cooler, Feb 8, 2002.

?

Is posting on forums a good way to meet martial artists from around the world?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. Not sure

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  3. No

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

Is posting on forums a good way to meet martial artists from around the world?

2. Ghostsuit

Ghostsuit Designer

I have to say I think it's a good way to meet people in general and allows for a much better discussion to develop when you have input from different people with different backgrounds and styles.

3. pesilat

pesilat Active Member

Absolutely. Due to martial arts forums, I know (virtually) and have met (in person) martial artists all over the world. Last month my wife and I took a trip to Europe. I was able to meet and work out with two people (one in Copenhagen, Denmark and one in Torquay, England) who I know from online forums.

I have also found out about and been able to attend a lot of events and such in forums that I never would have heard about otherwise.

Mike

4. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

As with pesilat I have met and became friends with many people through martial arts forums, I feel it is a great way to find new friends throughout the world.

So get posting.

Cooler.

5. spyda

spyda New Member

well, it so happens that I learned a great deal from others when I joined a forum

6. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

I think its a great place to make new friends within the martial arts. We all can learn from someone and other styles. I think this site will help do that

7. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

I think this is an excellent way to meet martialartist from around the world. Well, I still haven't met anyone here in person:( Except my Dragon_Princess who I knew already:love:

8. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

aaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww

9. Dragon_Princess

Dragon_Princess Princess Available

but on a serious note...i would really like 2 meet some people 2.

10. big e

big e New Member

hello
    im ian

11. waya

waya Valued Member

I met pesilat last month on my way to IL.... Definitely an eye opener into another side of training I hadn't thought much about before. It would have been worth the 8 hour drive just for that (the other 10 hours of driving was really dull and uneventfull lol)

12. Sean O

Sean O New Member

Depends. If you live near another member, then sure, you could meet with him/her. Otherwise, no.

Sean O

13. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I've met some very good people via martial arts forums. I've also met some nutcases. Luckily the good people far outweigh the nutcases.

Internet personalities are a strange thing. I'm always supprised when I meet someone in person for the first time that I've known online for a while - they are never what I imagined them to be. Sometimes that's a good thing - sometimes it's not!

14. TkdWarrior

TkdWarrior Valued Member

" I'm always supprised when I meet someone in person for the first time that I've known online for a while - they are never what I imagined them to be. "
    yea imagination is pretty wierd thing... it just run wild too much ;)
    frankly there has been time i hav met ppl(who i know thru net already) i wasn't much surprised(may be cuz i m used to surprises :D)
    -TkdWarrior-

15. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Yes, I think posting is a good way to meet other martial artists. At least I hope it will be -- I've been lurking a bit, but only registered here today. I can't afford to travel around the world, and the internet is the next best thing.

16. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

yes, definitely

And I learn new things from the discussions, which is also good.