To be or not to be?

Discussion in 'Women's Self Defence' started by Lily, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Tommy-2guns...

Tommy-2guns... southpaw glassjaw

checklist for the walk

-Panic Alarm -a good quality one will make your ears want to die,go for these types :D

-Bloody big boyfriend/Big dog

-A good solid thrusting item,if you are set on a tourch make it a thin steel one to be used thrust wise, the bigger ones,while they may give you extra clout take longer to whip out from your pocket and longer to hit the person with i always recomend a Sturdy pen but most things can do the same job.

-Do you know any other routes through the dodgy area?could you run somewhere safe with relative ease? if not,look into it,perhaps on your walk home you could give it a try,find alternative routes!

-Alter your walking time by a little each time,you dont want to be walking past the same place at the same time everyday its just asking for trouble.

-Keep the local police number on speed-dial on your mobile and make someone aware of the approximate time you should be getting home.

- pester the council if they dont listen to you,they are meant to keep you safe,remind them of this duty.

-Dont get paranoid on you walk home, or for the love of god try not to look it,if you get asked any questions on your route,do not give specifics about where youv'e come from and where your going if you do not know the person,maintain good a fence even if merely asked the time or other such question,its not rude if its subtle and its 99% likely its just a well meaning person who likes the way you look/wants small talk etc.

Do not do the key idea(if you are set on the key idea, use your largest sturdiest key between thumb and index finger and use thrusting motions but even then there are a good 100 things more effective available to you)!,dont carry a bowie knife and try not to be stubborn and walk the path if it looks a bit dodgy to you.

Dont feel it takes away from you to not walk down that path,if you know that on the night it looks like a london backstreet,avoid it like the plague knowing you did the right,clever thing and not the stupid brave thing however noble your idea of walking a street you should be safe on is.

good luck and i hope any of that helps!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2007
  2. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I couldnt agree more with this.

Doing something, just because your stubborn, and the attitude

is just dumb. I regularly consider where Im walking, whats around me, who's around me. And there are large areas of this city I would get murdered in, simply because im the wrong religion. So lily, you wanna walk that road, taking all the risks involved, thats your choice, 100% but dont expect people to say "Good girl, you stand up for yourself" when its obvious you are making a dumb decision.

3. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I don't know if anyone's heard of this so I'll say it anyway:
    It's late at night and you're on your way home. There're two paths available. One is a well lit road that runs all the way around and takes 30 minutes to walk, the other is through a dark lane that only takes 10 minutes to walk.
    Some may think the man that walks the shorter route despite danger, is brave and strong. But in fact he's just stupid.
    There's a fine line between bravery and stupidity :cool:

4. Senban

Senban Banned Banned

One of the basic goals of martial arts is learning to defend yourself, to stand up for yourself etc.

But an equally important goal of the martial arts is to develop the eyes to see your weaknesses, to recognise and accept those weaknesses and to know when surrender is actually the better option.

If you go somewhere knowing there's danger and you believe you're not capable of dealing with that danger, your life will be short and full of exciting incident.

5. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I was also under the impression that avoiding unecessary danger was a way to go :cool: