TKD Workout

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Ferret, May 15, 2015.

1. Ferret

Ferret Valued Member

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move if so!

I've been away from TKD for a few years (injury mainly) and I'm keen to get back to a club.

I'm overweight, and I know from experience last time I was training regularly that this not good at all for my body. I pushed myself too hard too soon, before my body was strong enough to deal with bouncing, jumping and spinning my hefty weight around!

So right now, I'm taking things slow and steady, by running, eating clean, drinking plenty of water, and have given up the booze and coffee. I'm starting to feel much better and stronger. I try to do a couple of Insanity worksouts a week too (did the whole lot last year and it near killed me!)

I'm wondering if there are any TKD-based workouts out there, either online or on DVD? Not Taebo or Boxfit, but specifically TKD, from warm ups, stretches, kicking and punching drills, following by a warm down? Something I can add to my current exercise routine, and to familiarise myself once again with all the basics?

2. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

Have you checked out any of Dr Sang H. Kim's work? He has written some fabulous books, you can also look him up on YouTube as well.

3. Ferret

Ferret Valued Member

No, I haven't Hapuka! Thank you, I'll go have a look now :)

4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

This is a nice basic one you could follow. Good luck getting back to it :)

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IUMRp0nh8U0[/ame]

Mitch

5. Ferret

Ferret Valued Member

Cheers, Mitch, much appreciated!

6. nintyplayer

nintyplayer Valued Member

Today in sparring I took a hard roundhouse to the solar plexus. Is there a secret to taking shots to the body?

7. Prizewriter

Prizewriter Moved on

Exhale upon impact. Learned that in systema seminar. Really makes a massive difference if you can get in to doing that. You'll feel it later on though!

I think you need to start another topic though