TKD vs Tang Soo Do?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Bigmikey, Oct 31, 2011.

1. andyjeffries

andyjeffries Valued Member

Out of interest, is there a video up of Liero's attempt? I'm interested in how fast/close he got?

2. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Yeah its in the thread on the muay thai forum.

3. andyjeffries

andyjeffries Valued Member

Having just looked through all 16 pages, I still couldn't find his video. It seems it went down (page 15 d0ugbug says that he still needs the video up)?

4. StuartA

StuartA Guardian of real TKD :-)

LOL.. I just read the thread also.. at the end, it links to another thread with the video/s.. but they have all been removed off YouTube :(

Stuart

5. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

How many "elite tkd" can kick that fast with power and off one leg? I have seen a lot of top TKD videos and none demonstrate that.

This is not a style vs style issue as I have no foot in either camp, but I have not seen any kicker that fast that wasn't doing the "can-can" kick, and certainly none of them have the same impact.

Here is another Muay Thai guy that is doing the same thing just nowhere near as impressive

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J_yMgGS8-0&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J_yMgGS8-0&feature=related[/ame]

The problem is that after so many they become an exercise in aerobics rather than kicking per se - the first Muay Thai vid referenced again had real sting in the legs even at the end

Rather than make this "Oh so-and so in MY style can easily kick like that..." and then have endless pages of unproven and unlikely anecdote either put up a video of it or do what I do and simply recognise a skilled martial artist kicking like a mule

6. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

Yeah I just spotted that too, sorry.

Maaaaaaaannn I miss Moi :cry:

7. TaekwonPRO

TaekwonPRO Valued Member

What do you mean by demonstrating?

Steve Lopez constantly uses that kick in matches. I myself use that type of roundkick, it's effective.

Do you mean doing it over and over again in a sparring match? I'm sorry, but you rarely get the chance to hit your enemy 50 times in 22 seconds in that manner.

8. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Errr...yeah, thanks for that Tips. By the way, the Millenium Falcon can't make the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs either

Why do I get the feeling you have just missed the whole point?

9. TaekwonPRO

TaekwonPRO Valued Member

Are you speaking with me? If so, I have no idea what you're talking about. At all.