TKD pictures

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by neryo_tkd, May 23, 2005.

1. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Errr, what does my grade have to do with fake breaking?

Doesnt require much training to put your head through a chunk of polystyrine.

If it was concrete I would be impressed.

2. sonic

sonic New Member

actually, it has nothing to do with fake breaking or mixed polystyrene and perhaps concrete. I was seeing those colors in ppl's posts.. and I didn't know what it meant since I'm new to the forum. Although then again, I can always tell you not to be so overconfident cause those guys are accomplished and have been taking tkd far longer than you. ;) I'm joking with you, don't take it personally. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :p fake or not, I'm sure that hurts.:p

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Stephen Lopez.. bloody leg looks like a machete...:p

Last edited: Aug 7, 2005
  3. NaughtyKnight

You recon annoying me is a good way to be welcomed into the forum or something?

YES I could break that many polystyrine blocks. From what I can see, it doenst look like its a mix of concrete at all, just polystyrine. Which even a little girl could break.

4. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

From what I could see the guy in the first pic has real nice form ;)

Whoa.... cool it kc ;)

5. NaughtyKnight

I was about to say the same thing ;)

6. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Actually...and feel free anyone to correct me if you think I am wrong...

I think that to break a pile of styrofoam bricks like that...all the way to the bottom, would actually require a much better technique for the following reason:

When you are breaking real bricks using seperators like that, what you mostly need to do is break the first one which will create a domino effect all the way down to the bottom. The force applied to the first brick will easily be transferred into the following brick, and so on, and so on...without requiring a very good follow through.

Instead, when using styrofoam bricks, there is not really a whole lot of force being transferred into the following bricks unless there is whole lot of very good follow through.

7. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

You have a very valid point Mario and now I think we should get back on topic and enjoy some good pictures please. :Angel:
    I just wanna see some good pics :D

8. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

OK here is a pic of fellow student (friend & neighbor) doing a twin elbow break to concrete patio blocks.

Attached Files:

9. rtkddevil

rtkddevil Valued Member

Student Pic

A 4th kup sparring at grading with Junior Black Belt.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  10. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

When you have finished with the box and fill from the new television its easier to tidy away if its broken up, is that the reason? :D

11. NaughtyKnight

I actually agree with you there.

Howerver, I feel that fake breaking is a diservice to TKD. People already think that we are a load of crappy technique Mcdojo born flashy fighters. People breaking fake boards just adds to the bad name imo.

12. rtkd-badger

Great pictures Kickchick and rtkddevil, keep it up

13. NaughtyKnight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And lastly, because I thought it was cute :D

[​IMG]

14. rtkd-badger

I know what you mean Knight, I love watching the little guys go for it in free sparring and especially on grading day.
    How do you guys get all these great pics? I always get them blur lines in it or lop thier heads off.

15. NaughtyKnight

Google mate.

Then just right click on it and copy and paste the URL with IMG tags around it.

So easy even a computer illiterate like me can mannage.

16. NaughtyKnight

Personally, I find this alot more impressive than fake breaks.

[​IMG]

17. NaughtyKnight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Real Breaking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the cuttest pic I ever seen!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. rtkd-badger

I know how to link an image you fool :D
    What I was getting at is when I try and get some good action shots at gradings or in training I always stuff the photo up

19. NaughtyKnight

Yeh I know, just felt like patronising you :D

You should probably get a better camera then ;). Ask Yoda about them, he is the resident camera buff. One that took 8 pics a second would be good.

20. rtkd-badger

Hmmmmm, where is my Prozac :cool: :D