TKD pictures

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by neryo_tkd, May 23, 2005.

1. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

my fight at the british open 2004 (ITF)

ok, please get ready for this as this was the fight of my life!
    it was my second bb comp, and i got a bye in the first round. who do i get in second round? a 5th dan, dutch world/european champion.
    so obviously i thought, right, il do my best and make it hard for her. i think mid fight, (when i was recovering from being hit very hard) she kinda thought "oh i better switch on" and she did 2 awesome axe kicks, and the second one knocked me to the floor with whiplash and concussion :D
    please appreciate that im showing u this cos its reasonably embarrassing (thank god she wasnt a 1st dan too) i had been a black belt for a year in that fight, she must have been a bb for minimum 14 years!
    this fight really spured me on to fight loads more, and im not half scared cos concussion aint too bad...
    anyway, i think its going to take AGES to download (bout 3 mins) so if you're patient, enjoy, and say something!!
    :Angel:

my fight with 5th dan

edit: she is with blue round her waist n ginger hair. the axe kick is right at the end u cant see it very well, so u might have to reverse n come back to see it better. (i know she kicks me round the head lots, please dont remind me :S but i did minus her 2 points for knocking her out ring woohoo :( ) oh and the vid is only available for a week and limited downloads

Last edited: May 29, 2005
  2. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

Good attempt. I didn't think you did that badly at all.

3. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

it really doesn't matter if your opponent was 5th dan or not. i think you should analyse your way of fighting a little bit. throughout the entire match you kept using the front leg (i don't know if it is an ITF thing), meaning your opponent noticed the pattern, and honestly she didn't and didn't have to show much. you should also do something about your footwork and combinations - generally the way you fight.

every fight, no matter win or loss, is more material for learning. so hang in there and correct your mistakes.

Last edited: May 29, 2005
  4. Sang

Sang Valued Member

I think that there's a good chance that he will come to Australia. My former club is in Belfast, Northern Ireland and he has visited Northern Ireland twice already. Check out http://www.ppark.freeserve.co.uk/mastersseminars.htm . If he can come to Northern Ireland then I am definitely sure that he can come to Australia. I have his business card and email address from 2000 but I'm not sure if the email address is still valid since it's 5 yrs old. I'm not allowed to post it on this thread so send me a message if you want it. You should definitely ask him to come over, you won't regret it.

5. rtkd

rtkd Z-boyz

defence against extremely tall attackers

Attached Files:

6. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Thats gotta hurt

7. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

You made a good effort to go that long against a 5th dan! I spar a 4th dan every week at my local park and it end about the same way, though usually with a hook kick into my face :eek:.

Some constructive critisim:

Like Neryo said, you focussed using your front leg, I didnt see a single back leg or even other leg kick.

Also, you were sparing under ITF rules yeah? Cause in that case, you should always use all advantages afforded you, if you can punch, then punch. A good scissor block to one of your oppoents roundhouse kicks followed by a pummling of punches may of changed the outcome.

Other than that, great work, thoes axe kicks look painful.

8. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

My son...

he's the one on the right delivering a kick:
    [​IMG]

he's the one on the left, hiyaaaa!
    [​IMG]

doing knuckle pushups...
    [​IMG]

doing kick drills...
    [​IMG]

and that's my kid facing the camera...
    [​IMG]

he's only seven but loves his tkd sooo much. he's already a yellowbelt as of this date.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2005
  9. hux

hux ya, whatever.

say - what's with the tires hanging there?

edit

cute critter! not quite as cute as mine, but pretty close.

:D

/edit

10. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Valued Member

for something to kick at.

its also used to by the kali/arnis class to practice stick strikes.

11. NaughtyKnight

Man you have a cute kid!

I wish I had a dad like you, to put me through TKD when I was only 7!

12. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

And here am I with a group of my pocket-size bodyguards.

Some of the most dedicated kids I ever had in my school.

Gizmo

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2005
  13. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

And here are the same kids, seen before wearing black doboks, but one grading earlier (they're brothers, aged 9 and 10).

Gizmo

Attached Files:

14. Dr.Quinn

Dr.Quinn BOLO!!!

oh MAN! THAT was one hell of an axe kick! I think you did fairly well, minus the whole getting knocked out thing...

Quick question, was that point or olympic fighting??? Where i come from, in point you are DQ'd for KOs in point.

Good fight! Sounded like a croud pleaser!

15. Sh4d0wS0ul

Sh4d0wS0ul New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Master doing the jump splits kick, and someone getting owned at tournament.

16. NaughtyKnight

Christ that would of hurt! Great jumping back kick though. :D

17. rtkd

rtkd Z-boyz

breaks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2005
  18. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Nice pics rtkd

19. NaughtyKnight