TKD pictures

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by neryo_tkd, May 23, 2005.

1. YoungMan68

YoungMan68 Valued Member

Me doing a jumping back side kick. Not sure how this will come out, but here it is.

Attached Files:

2. YoungMan68

YoungMan68 Valued Member

Here's one of me doing a scissor kick. Sorry about the image quality. Taken a few years ago.

Attached Files:

3. Ninja01

Ninja01 Becky

Heres a nice one... XD

[​IMG]

Let me explain how this happened. I was in Taekwondo, and someone was testing so I was asked to hold a board for one of his breaks. He was doing a back kick on my board. When he broke the board a piece of it flew at my face and put a nice deep gash across my right eyebrow.

At first I wasn't sure what happened, then blood was literally pouring down my face. I ran to the bathroom and another women came in to help me, she pressed a paper towel to it untill it stopped bleeding. My instructor then put some iodine from a Q-tip on it, then a band aid. He found some cut adheisive and put that on after, which is also suppose to help prevent scarring.

So now it looks pretty gross. It has brown stuff from the iodine, and blueish/purple stuff from the glue, plus the already reddness. I'm not allowed to spar untill it heals now, which really sucks because I have a fight in two weeks at the Arnold Classic. Hopefully it'll be healed by then.

I probebly could use stitches, but that glue seemed to work. My TKD instructor gave me more in case it starts bleeding again.

4. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Photos of me doing static-active stretches (holding my leg up in the air for a count of 30 seconds)

Hope you like silhouettes (sorry for the darkness)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you move your head around your monitor a bit, you can see a better contrast :confused:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  5. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Nice kecks. And that's not a typo. :)

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

I swear that skidmark was photoshop'd in by the MODs... :eek:

7. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

Nice kick! Why do you call it a scissor kick? It looks like you are doing a flying 2 directional kick, as you are kicking in 2 directions at the same time in the air. I thought a flying scissor kick was one where you take down an opponent by wrapping oyur legs around them like a scissor goes around the item it is cutting

8. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

My students after Dragon2020's tournament in Newport, Wales last weekend.

Attached Files:

9. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Looks like they cleaned up in the medals stakes, Gizmo!

10. YoungMan68

YoungMan68 Valued Member

I think it's because the legs resemble the blades of a pair of scissors that are extended away from each other. I've always heard it called that. You might be thinking of the scissor takedown (jumping up and trapping the opponent between the legs).

11. TKDstudent

TKDstudent Valued Member

Yes I am as that is how it is labeled in the 15 volume Encylopedia of TKD. I only asked as it was obvious that you weren't using thatsame reference. I guess it is just a matter of terminology preference or how one was taught. The reason I say flying 2 directional kick is that you are flying (feet of the ground) & kicking in 2 directions, hence flying 2 directional kick. You see one kick is a twisting kick to one side & the other is a side kick to the opposite side. I think that terminolgy makes sense

12. dortiz

dortiz Valued Member

My son Nick

[​IMG]

Dave O.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  13. YoungMan68

YoungMan68 Valued Member

That's one of the problems with discussing Taekwondo with an ITF member-different terminology for the same technique, leading to confusion.

Scissor kick: side kick combined with twisting kick aimed at two separate targets simultaneously.

Scissor takedown: flying kick executed by wrapping your legs around an opponent and taking them to the ground.

14. KAMAU

KAMAU innocent bystander

great pics all:cool:

one of my son scott age 11, 14 years ago after his BB gradeing:hat:

a very proud day, just wish he was still training:bang:

bests Kamau

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  15. Gizmo

Gizmo Valued Member

My 10 years old student Bartek after taking his first gold and bronze on the Polish Open TKD Cup the previous weekend.

Indomitable Spirit guys... :)

Attached Files:

16. Spookey

Spookey Valued Member

Photos on the web...

Check out our up and coming gallery at BatemanTKD.org

17. Toki_Nakayama

Toki_Nakayama Valued Member

me & my 2nd Infantry TKD demo team

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

18. KAMAU

KAMAU innocent bystander

well I managed to get my son in a suit after 14 years absence:bang: just need to get his sox off and back training again:cool:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  19. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Valued Member

DylanYBelt.JPG

My son, Dylan, now the proud owner of a Yellow Belt :hat:

20. gemtkd

gemtkd Valued Member

My 4 year old!! she started a couple of months ago and loves it!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011