TKD pictures

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by neryo_tkd, May 23, 2005.

1. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

A leg and a groin injury sadly :(

Otherwise I would be at the gym working out making a sweat!

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Well get better and get training. You can still find exercises to do now though. Maybe seated, maybe swimming. As Nike say "Just........

3. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

move your butt!" :D

I'll go for a swim tomorrow I think.

4. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Good for you, once you start there'll be no stopping you. ;)

5. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

New from Orlando Tournament 9/29/2007

Just a few pics from my son's tourney in Orlando. He took Bronze in Poomse and Gold in breaking! No pics of the break though :cry:

My son competeting in Poomse. (Back to camera. Awarded Bronze)

[​IMG]

One of my sparring partners and 13yo 2nd Dan.
    [​IMG]

Our students:
    [​IMG]

The 2 guys on the far right are my other sparring partners. (3rd Dan, 18yo and 19yo 2nd Dan)

[​IMG]

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Congrats to your son narcsarge !

How was the turnout ?

7. narcsarge

We had 18 students show up and compete. Usually we run about 25 students but this happened to be a bad weekend for most. Overall, there were over 100 competitors and our kids did quite well. The most important thing is that many of our "first time" parents had a great time. That is the key. Even if their kids do well, if the parents are uncomfortable, bored, put out by the drive, etc., then that usually spells disaster for students attending competitions. I spent all evening talking to the parents of our kids that competed to see how they liked the tournament. Everyone of them had a good time. That is great as we will be going back to Orlando again in November.

8. ZenPixelTKD

ZenPixelTKD not just a natural blonde

Hapuka,

I recognise some of the people in your photos, where do you train?

9. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior Valued Member

ZenPixelTKD - That would be Rua Kaiou and his lot that you would probably recognise.

10. mangoman

mangoman Valued Member

My daughter competed this weekend and scored her first ever KO!!! I do not know how to embed the pictures into this thread so here are come links to photos

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      29 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      30.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      30.5 KB
      Views:
  11. mangoman

mangoman Valued Member

Here are 3 more

Attached Files:

• 4.JPG
      4.JPG
      File size:
      22.9 KB
      Views:
    • 5.JPG
      5.JPG
      File size:
      27.2 KB
      Views:
    • 6.JPG
      6.JPG
      File size:
      28.6 KB
      Views:
  12. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I used to train at the Masterton Taekwon-do club.

I left because the doctors told me too. They said I was putting to much strain on my joints, because I was getting injury's all over the place I suffered from emotional stress. Now I'm doing Goju-Ryu Karate, which has a lot more ground work and full contact sparring and a bit more laid back when it comes to training. More my type of thing.

Never the less I still think Taekwon-do is a good martial art, It just works better for some people.

13. narcsarge

Really nice shots mangoman! Hope your daughter was proud. Looks like, in a couple of those, if her right foot were flexed, she would have done more damage with her heel making contact instead of what I call "slap footing". Slap footing happens by pointing the toes. I am guilty of doing this as well since it tends to make a nice "slap" sound and really gets the judges' attention. Using the heel though tends to turn the lights out one's opponent though.

Again, great shots.

14. Hapuka

Hapuka Te Aho

I feel sorry for the other girl in the picture getting hammered!

15. mangoman

mangoman Valued Member

Thanks Narcsarge. Yeah, she was proud and so was I.

As for feeling bad for the other girl. Well I have seen my kid get beaten around the ring on many occasions over the past 9 years. Each time she has become a better fighter because of it. No one like to see another kid get hurt, but hopefully this girl will be a better fighter in the long run because of it. Or at least she will hopefully learn to block the foot to the head.

It seemed pretty obvious early on that she was from a school that did not practice head shots as every time my daughter went upstairs, she connected while the other girl did not attempt a single head shot on my daughter.

She was up and walking around within a few minutes and seemed OK.

16. WTAdanville

WTAdanville New Member

Pics of me at my black belt testing. I had to creaste a myspace account for y'all to view them, so I hope you appreciate the sacrifice I went through... Just view the pictures on my page and you'll see 'em.

http://www.myspace.com/wtatkdaaron

17. narcsarge

Tournament 11/10/2007

Well since my son had been on restriction for the last week, it was just me competeting. Another long day, 17 hours from start to finish, but the results were worth it. 2 First place trophies. One for Poomse (forms) and one for sparring. Enjoy the pics:

Me and my son "The Coach"!
    [​IMG]

Just watching the opposition:
    [​IMG]

Yep! I sparred this guy and actually won!
    [​IMG]

Tae Guk Sa Jang:
    [​IMG]

One Down!
    [​IMG]

Turning Back Kick:
    [​IMG]

Round House:
    [​IMG]

Blocked!
    [​IMG]

18. obscureone

obscureone New Member

Where I am now

This is one of my guys at camo belt (where I am now...hmmm) - He'll be testing for BB end of January

Attached Files:

19. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Nice pics Sarge :)

20. narcsarge

Thanks Pac! ;)