TKD Owns

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by NaughtyKnight, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

The kick defence there is no great one by any streatch, the MT one is far simpler, faster and more effective.

Also on pic 2 jitziki = that is such a bad pic - This is the type of pic that gets the art in trouble. Doh!

2. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Remember this...

Chuck Liddell def. Randy Couture by KO (Punch) 1st rd.

Liddell(Hawaiian Kempo fighter)....he could have very well been a TKD fighter, and the results would have still been the same ;) :rolleyes:

Regards the video...I Liked It :eek: :D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  3. DEATHskull

DEATHskull TKD Bearfighter

That's a bit of a stretch. Don't forget that Chuck Liddell was an IKF Kickboxing champion, and he's also got a blue belt in BJJ. So he's not just a Kempo practitioner, and TKD is much different than Kempo. Trust me, I did Kenpo for 3 years and now I'm trying ITF TKD and there are similarities but just about everything that they do is different, from basic stances to basic blocks.

4. JayKayD

JayKayD Meet my friend PAIN!

You have breasts?

5. stump

stump Supersub

The only think remotely Kempo about Chuck Liddell anymore is his tattoo.

Couture got beaten cos he tried to stand with a better striker - taking on a superior striker at his own game is something which runs counter to MMA common-sense and I think showed overconfidence on Randys part. And he paid...

6. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

i have pecks.

abs and the most defined arms and back you'll ever see to go along with it :D {maybe a bit of a stretch :cool: }

7. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Does anyone else see this as an oxymoron :confused: :p :rolleyes:

8. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

nope, that makes perfect sense.

your attempt at a half sarcastic insult dosen't make anysense? what do you mean?

9. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Worked last time...

10. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

yeah, but chuck is no fool, he evolved,

i love that commercial where both chuck and randy are interviewed. Chuck says "i'm gonna win, and i'm gonna win by Knockout" he shrugs his shoulders afterwords as if its a hard cold fact. :D such confidence. i love that guy.

11. Taliar

Taliar Train harder!

Interesting post TekkenGod, after class last night we were talking about what it takes to be a effective fighter (in comps). I said that it's not about thinking your skills are better, I.E. my kicks are better, my grappling is better therefore I will win.

Its about knowing there and then you are going to win that fight, it doesn't matter 'whose better' at what, just that you are going to win.

12. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

chuck has a purple belt not a blue belt. there's a vast difference in skill between the 2.
    chuck uses the spinning back kick (kempo).
    chuck's striking hasn't evovled little if at all. he still throws looping punches with power, throws kicks, has good takedown defense, and scrambles back to his feet well; however, the difference during his last fight is that he caught randy with a great punch. he defeated vernon white in a similar fashion; stepping backwards and countering with the right, while his opponent was chraging in.

13. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

He's been doing Kickboxing for about 8 - 9 years (maybe even longer) now I believe.

14. tekkengod

tekkengod the MAP MP

certainly, confidence is a big motivator, he just seemed to know without a shadow of a doubt that he was gonna win, no questions asked, and he did, and in the way he said he would too.

15. stump

stump Supersub

<<<chuck uses the spinning back kick (kempo).>>>

As against the spinning back kick from kickboxing you mean :)

16. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Of course, if he actually used the spinning backkick from TKD it would actually do some damage...ahem :D.

17. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

i was just making the point that he uses a technique that he probably initially learned in a kempo class.

18. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Damn straight. The TKD back kicks hurt so much. :cry:

19. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

Same as others :Angel: even mine hurt.

20. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Yeh, but you dont fly through the air kiaping while you do it. :D :Angel: